well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Online stores for blinds and shades

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online stores for blinds and shades
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I need some new window treatments and am looking into various sources. I've always purchased through my local Home Depot and had good luck with them.

We measure and install everything ourselves. Thought I'd look into some of the online stores to see how they compare price-wise.

Who have you used? Did you order a name brand (Bali, Levolor), or something from the online store's line of products? Would you use them again or did you have problems with quality or customer service?

Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I've used American Blinds a few times. I think I bought just their house brand. Quality seemed OK and it did not take long to get them.

[Edit] I checked their site to make sure I remembered it correctly. I see they now sell Coolaroo and I recommend that product highly. I got mine at Home Depot, but AB has them in custom sizes. Hands down the best roll down exterior shade I've ever bought.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We wired up a factory for Levelor some years back. The machines that make mini blinds are pretty cool.

I remember theirs are running faster than this but it's been a while.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We got some through Costco. I found their prices to be very good. Ultimately they farm you out to a local blind company, which was quite handy when one of our pulleys broke. Rather than having to remove the blind and mail it off for a repair, the local people were able to just schedule an appointment, come by and fix it. (Truth in advertising, if it was a major fix they warned us they might have to take the blind away for the repair but luckily that wasn't the case). Ultimately I think we went with Hunter for the actual product.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I have been lucky to get white up/down honeycomb shades that fit my old windows from Overstock.com. About $50/ea and a cinch to install.

Just this year, I had one bedroom that was undone and I found they still had the same shades that I bought 5 years ago. Woot

I made the mistake of trying to get the ones at HD for another bedroom, cut in store..What a horror to install... Mad

In addition, I have a large picture window out front and needed a sun shade. I got that one online from Blinds.com. It is a Bali. Just be sure to read their measuring instructions..I was a bit off but was able to use shims to get it done. They offer samples as well..I highly recommend getting a few of those before you choose.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post