well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Pharmacists please STFU

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pharmacists please STFU
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://www.pharmacytoday.org/...(21)00730-1/fulltext

You aren't doctors. You aren't the police.

/rant

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
A dear friend died of a drug interaction that he was not warned about. He was prescribed the drug by a doctor for back pain. He died after taking the prescribed dose of two medications and having a glass of wine before bed. He was 40. I see absolutely no reason why pharmacists shouldn’t be charged with being required to warn patients about possible drug side effects and interactions.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, I've gotten some good info from the pharmacist that the doctor failed to mention. Like the availability of an OTC version of a med Mr wtg's doc had written a prescription for. I would have paid $65 bucks for something I could buy OTC for under $10 if the pharmacist hadn't alerted me.

I thought it was great service and even filled out one of those employee appreciation cards.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37879 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Let me throw in a good word for compounding pharmacists. They've saved me a fortune when the doctor prescribes a particular proprietary medicine that is really no more than a combination of two generic ones.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34924 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post