well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    All hell broke loose in Chicago last night
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All hell broke loose in Chicago last night
 Login/Join

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Looting and unrest in tRump's America...

Keep repeating.

I'm sure the looters were mostly Trump voters.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:

Keep repeating.

What an odd statement.

Do you have any backup?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Members of Black Lives Matter held a solidarity rally on Monday night with the more than 100 individuals who were arrested after a night of looting and unrest in Chicago.

The rally was held at the South Loop police station where organizers say those individuals are currently being held in custody.

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

quote:
Black Lives Matter Chicago organized the rally after overnight unrest throughout the city, with police saying that more than 100 individuals were taken into custody for a variety of offenses, including looting.

“That is reparations,” Atkins said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...ting-monday/2320365/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
quote:

Keep repeating.

"Everything wrong with America is manifested in Trump. The hunger for power, the vile derision of people who don’t look like you, the cruelty, the privilege, the gleeful ignorance, and mendacious narcissism. Our revulsion at Trump is causing Americans to ask: How did we get to this place? And how do we get out? That will take time and hard work by well-intentioned people from every corner of American society."

https://www.inquirer.com/opini...VF8YTpU5KadVj1T1wRLE

And instead of asking "how did we get here" and "how do we get out" masses of people instead ask "where's mine" and "what can I take" we get this sort of action in the America that Trump and the Republicans have created.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You mean looting of this sort is a brand new phenomenon because of Trump and how he has changed America?

I think that's about as ahistorical a view as possible, and one that is transparently self-dealing. It's an attitude that will turn off millions of people who are otherwise disposed to vote for change, but who are nauseated by thugs looting and trendy lefties justifying it with BS.

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Looters smash the windows and doors of Ronald McDonald House with all the sick children and their families inside.

https://twitter.com/pathieuabc...240359112318976?s=20

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Why? Just why?
Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Older generation of protesters to newcomers: "Don’t ‘Disrupt Our Neighborhood’ And Leave Us With Angry Police"

https://blockclubchicago.org/2...ZOoa6RkbUtA6M0A562ug

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Saw that on the news. Glad you posted about it.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
You mean looting of this sort is a brand new phenomenon because of Trump and how he has changed America?

I think that's about as ahistorical a view as possible, and one that is transparently self-dealing. It's an attitude that will turn off millions of people who are otherwise disposed to vote for change, but who are nauseated by thugs looting and trendy lefties justifying it with BS.

Biden was the architect of mass incarceration. Harris carried out the ideas behind and the practicalities of Biden's incarceration bill (and, for the record, Bernie Sanders signed it). She brags about it
So, if you want a "law and order" ticket, it seems to me that Biden and Harris would be a good choice.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post