well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s the opposite of virtue signaling?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s the opposite of virtue signaling?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
This is now appearing on FB:

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
The particular account I copied this from is a person who regularly does those stupid ‘Nametest’ and ‘OMG’ data harvesting quizzes that ask a dozen personal questions and then tell you what your spirit animal is or whatever.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
As I’ve said before, it just might be an empirical truth that a society with a MAGAt infection can’t fight a viral one.

Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I bet people concerned over that sort of thing span the political spectrum.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
So far in social media it runs from MAGAT to Q-Anon and everywhere in between.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
The particular account I copied this from is a person who regularly does those stupid ‘Nametest’ and ‘OMG’ data harvesting quizzes that ask a dozen personal questions and then tell you what your spirit animal is or whatever.

This should be a stupidity test. I have seen similar folks who latch on to one particular "don't tread on me" meme completely in ignorance of how frequently they shovel their identifies willingly at dozens of corporations and individuals who happily mine their information.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
OK, did you confront your "friend" with anything resembling your barbs in this thread? Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
No, I usually avoid politics on FB. Occasional I slip but not often.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wish I could, but I have already established a durable pattern of behavior ...

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

I wish I could, but I have already established a durable pattern of behavior ...

hysteric

I'm like Jon, I mostly avoid politics on FB.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

Big Grin

Yep. I have a few conservative friends, and I suspect they don't follow my Facebook feed unless I mention them by name, or wish them happy birthday.

I will admit to "never happened before 2020" liking on Twitter, on a regular basis, posts by a conservative columnist who's married to a friend. (Happily, she seems to be in the George Conway camp.)

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Vice signaling?

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post