well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How the Dems Won - Incredible Risk
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How the Dems Won - Incredible Risk
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Apparently, he just announced he's running. I didn't click on the link. I'm so bored by him I could almost scratch my own eyes out.

I know the Democrats exceeded expectations but they lost the House and barely held the Senate. I'm not sure I would call that winning.

Posts: 24714 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Me:

quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

...I think it will bring us more centrist candidates as each side tries to capture the support of the voters in the middle....I hope it's ultimately for the better....

How not? As long as there's real unity on what "middle" means.
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
I'm not sure what you mean by "real unity".

"The middle" to me is very broad. It's something between getting 100 percent of what you want and getting zero percent...

"real unity" to me in reference to somehow patching together a party in the middle, means a group of non-extreme centrists whose primary goal is "somehow getting along".

Not dedicated first and foremost to some personal sine qua non (like abortion). People willing and able to listen and "reason together".

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post