well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    When Turkeys Attack!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When Turkeys Attack!
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
I go to take Cosmo out to do his business and I see that a bunch of turkeys have surrounded our brand new 2021 Subaru Crosstrek. Seeing themselves in the reflection of the paint, they were pecking at the doors leaving dings and scratches over the surface. Some of the dings are very small but do distort the surface. You really have to look across the surface to see most of them. The scratches are noticable from a distance.

Impossible to photograph due to the reflectivity of the surface.

Called insurance. $100 deductible on comprehensive.

Haven't even made the first payment on it.

******* turkeys. Cost me $100 and a lot of inconvenience. I might have to take a few of them out and have them for Thanksgiving dinner, just to try and compensate me for my time and trouble.

The Subaru just displaced the 2005 S-500 in the main garage. The 16 year old paint on the S hasn't been waxed in years. lol The doors have a bunch a dings in them anyway and the car has 200k miles on the odometer. So, it's our "junker" now. lol

Posts: 13626 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bummer, Mark.

OTOH: https://www.tasteofhome.com/re...roasted-wild-turkey/

We were always worried about leaving the car out in the driveway up in Door County. People had hoses eaten through by porcupines.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I rarely put my cars in the garage.

Haven't seen any turkeys in my neighborhood, but we have plenty of 'em in the area.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
When I bought the Green Bean, a couple of Subie fans did warn me that Subie sheet metal is pretty thin and easily dented.

Still, I would be plenty irked and maybe invite a couple of those turkeys in for dinner.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG Mark! How awful!!!

Turkeys are just massive troublemakers! When I was in grad school, they were always milling about in the area I had to walk through to go from apt. to bus stop, those buggers are actually huge when you find yourself right next to them!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh no - your new car!

I feel bad for you. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post