well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Favorite Olympic Athlete!!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Olympic Athlete!!
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Did anyone find a new favorite athlete?

I was quite smitten with Athing Mu.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Gold in the 4x400:

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Tom Daly
He has the cojones to be OUT.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Justine Wong-Orantes, the USA women's volleyball libero. Totally fearless.

Let's hope this pic isn't massive...

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I had chills watching this amazing 14 year old, Quan Hongchan, from China.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Two, actually.

Molly Seidel ... running only her third marathon.

Sydney McLaughlin ... the youngster taking the baton, so to speak, from Delilah Muhammad

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Molly Seidel for starters. Both her marathon debut at the trials just to make the team, and her performance in Tokyo were remarkable.

On the mens side, while not exactly new, Eliud Kipchoge continues to amaze. Even among fellow international elites, he's so clearly a step above.

(yeah, I'm partial to distance running)

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I had way more fun watching the Olympics this year than I expected…

Sky Brown (skateboarding, from Great Britain)

Actually, I really loved many of the skateboarders, on the Men and Women’s sides. The women’s Japanese team were fantastic. So fun!

Andre Degrasse (100m, 200m, Canada)

Honourable mention to Tom Daley (also Great Britain) because of his awesome knitting:

Weird…my photos aren’t posting and I’m too tired to sort it out!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post