well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Piano Chord Helps with Nightmares...

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/1783907797

29 October 2022, 04:20 PM
Mikhailoh
Piano Chord Helps with Nightmares...
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
I'm guessing you would like to hear the chord they use. Big Grin

I was unaware of this type of therapy or of the number of people who suffer recurring nightmares. I very seldom have them, but if I do, returning to sleep is not always an easy choice.

I do have dreams of a certain recurring pattern that are only interrupted by awakening as far as I can perceive. They generally involve trying to go someplace or return home and encountering obstacle after obstacle - missing passport, ticket, or money; wrong turns or misdirections; failed connections; unknown places; disagreements with a traveling companion if one exists in the particular dream; etc. I don't classify these dreams as nightmares because they don't end in a disaster but simply go on and on until I awake. Perhaps they have become more frequent since my mobility has been restricted. I think it could be somehow related since sometimes I'm disappointed in awakening without dreaming how the situation resolves itself.

Big Al

Al, I have recurring dreams of exactly that type. I can’t find my car or my keys or my flight or whatever. If I dream of using drugs they always disappear somehow before I can ingest them. Sexual dreams never come to a normal conclusion. I think my brain knows I’m dreaming and it can’t be real. But lots of interesting things happen in the meantime.

When I was working I never dreamed of work. I do now that I’m retired. I dream about going back to college at my current age. I seldom dreamed of real people, now I do it all the time. Mostly people in my life, but. a couple weeks ago Shania Twain told me I should cut my alcohol consumption. Where that came from I have no idea.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

29 October 2022, 06:05 PM
jodi
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
a couple weeks ago Shania Twain told me I should cut my alcohol consumption. Where that came from I have no idea.

ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi