well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How Bullwinkle Taught Kids Sophisticated Political Satire

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Bullwinkle Taught Kids Sophisticated Political Satire
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Brilliant. Loved that show.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...#PSxKPuhgVJ4xz1Mb.99

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
As with so many TV shows and movies from my childhood, my appreciation has deepened as I age.

Somehow I don't see this happening to my kids, as they fondly recall Beavis and Butthead. South Park, maybe.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
This was such a great show. I remember my dad explaining to us the stuff that went over our heads.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21347 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I can still get a laugh from Mr. Sphinx by saying, "Moose and Squirrel" in my best Russian accent.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I remember the whole variety show, but Rocky & Bullwinkle was the indispensable component.

I think I remember that article (or others like it) from when June Foray died a few years ago.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I remember it well. So subversive!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post