well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What Liz Truss Proved

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Liz Truss Proved
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
from Persuasion

IMO it also indicates changes needed in the U.S..

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That was an interesting article. Add Australia to the group that is seeing the slow dismantling of reasonable PMs.

I suppose it's not PC to say that the "grassroots" mentality may well be the same mentality as what was seen historically as a pitchfork-wielding mob.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It is time for the grassroots to lose their naivite. I think many may, but too late.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
She came in like a wrecking ball. Her agenda to advantage the wealthy instantly lead to system collapse.

I called it. I said she couldn't find her way out of a paper bag.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
I think we can confidently offer her the title of worst PM ever.
In little over a month, she crashed the national economy, food inflation reached 13%, hundreds of pounds were added to mortgage payments as interest rates soared, and she failed to manage both her immediate cabinet staff and extended Tory Party members. She also ignored leaders of the Welsh and Scottish nations.

Let me share the reality... I bought door handles for £18, went back the next week for a second set and the cost was...£23. Truss economics on the high street.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 371 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your post, AD.

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
What will King Charles have to say to her one wonders? Something brief and pithy

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 371 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My guess is he'll have nothing to say to her. He'll just say, "Off with her head!" Big Grin

I was watching HM Queen Elizabeth II's funeral on an Australian network. Liz Truss walked in and they went on and on about not knowing her identity. Lol!

She's like a bobblehead doll with no charisma. She's dumber than a box of rocks. How sad such people rise so high and easily in this world.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AD:
What will King Charles have to say to her one wonders? Something brief and pithy
The words will likely literally be “thank you for your service” but the tone … King Charles may just find a way to make the tone reflect his true feelings. Evil

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/eQvoj0thzPg?feature=share

As she stands there smirking and then says something inane.

Yuck.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post