well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tropical Storm Fay

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tropical Storm Fay
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Guess I won’t be grilling tonight

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Might be a good time to fly a kite before the rain comes.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Just watch... I-1 will show a version of that map with a polyp extending into Alabama drawn in in Sharpie.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30031 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Just watch... I-1 will show a version of that map with a polyp extending into Alabama drawn in in Sharpie.

Big Grin Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He's postponed his NH rally, ostensibly because of the storm.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37797 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
It has poured buckets here all day and is still coming down. It's gloomy but I'm glad to see it - our area has been in a little micro-drought - we hadn't seen any significant rain in over a month. Thunderstorms would pop up all around us, but never actually rain in our town. Giant lines of storms would look like they were barreling directly for us, then just break up and all we'd see was like 2 raindrops or a minute of light drizzle. The lawn was crunchy and dead, the plants were dying, people were starting brushfires with their July 4 fireworks. So we needed it!!!

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
He's postponed his NH rally, ostensibly because of the storm.

happydance

Too close for comfort, just sayin'.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post