well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So Steve

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Steve
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Has already lost his vaccine card. It went through the wash... Eeker

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I fully expect I will lose mine at some point. I dropped it once while I was leaving the pharmacy getting my shot…

At the very least, I have kept a photocopy of it on my phone and backed up online.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
My wife put mine somewhere ...

I can't imagine keeping that oversized card on your body would become some sort of requirement. It's so easily counterfeited. Just go to a digital passport if vaccine proof become important for access to things.

Posts: 12534 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
He put it in his shirt pocket the day of his second vaccine. To keep it safe. From there the shirt went in the laundry, and though I always check his pants pockets, I don’t check the shirts....

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
oversized card

Seriously, who the hell decide that was the size and shape it would be???? Make it credit-card sized, or bi-fold so it's CC sized when folded.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
My wife took photos of our cards and I stored the cards in the same drawer we keep our passports in.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7409 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Mine is on the fridge - where all good things go that must not be lost.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
oversized card

Seriously, who the hell decide that was the size and shape it would be???? Make it credit-card sized, or bi-fold so it's CC sized when folded.

+1

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Mine is currently folded in half, in my wallet. It will come out and be put somewhere safe, after my second jab. I still need to take a picture of it...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
He can’t possibly be the first person who loses or damages a covid-19 vaccination card. The vaccination clinic keeps a record of everyone they vaccinate.

Tell him to go there with an ID., request a new vaccination card, make a photo copy of it, and then store it in a safe place.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I know the county has a record of his shots - (our cards have the vaccine batch on them - and they don’t keep a record of that, I don’t think), but I will call them to see what I’m supposed to do to get another one.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Can't they simply check the chip?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
CHAS... Big Grin

I have mine in my wallet, but it's also on file in my "My Chart" app, since I went to my health provider (not a drugstore) to get it.

I'm pretty sure you can show your card (or whatever proof you have) to your primary care physician and they will update your health records.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Can't they simply check the chip?

ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post