well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today, life is not like a box of chocolates ...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today, life is not like a box of chocolates ...
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear on all fronts.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
The male prostate is the best argument I’ve heard refuting the “intelligent design” theory.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Hoping you are both on the mend. Comfort

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
The male prostate is the best argument I’ve heard refuting the “intelligent design” theory.

Yes

Well, it didn't matter much back when the average life expectancy was about 35 ...

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Wife is on her fourth day of low-grade fever. Those of you who had the disease, did your fever last that long?

It's mostly the annoying skin-crawling kind of feeling, and she goes hot and cold at night. She just wants it over. Still has a slight sore throat, and a bit of a stuffy nose.

I bring her meals and tasty beverages throughout the day ... Smiler

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My neighbor's five year old ran a temp for about five or six days, at least two or three of those at 104 or so, then down to about 100 for the balance.

Another neighbor who had it in May said she was achy and dead tired and took a nap every afternoon. Once she was over the active symptoms, she said it took her almost a month to feel like she was back to full strength.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Steve had a fever for somewhere between 14 and 17 days. I had a fever for several days, it went away, then it came back for 3 or 4 more days.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Steve had a fever for somewhere between 14 and 17 days. I had a fever for several days, it went away, then it came back for 3 or 4 more days.

Oh .... well.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I appreciate folks sharing actual experiences.

Otherwise, I'd be too embarrassed to ask.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope you are Covid and catheter free today.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Catheter comes out tomorrow. Today I'm still Covid free (as far as I can tell). Knock ... on ... wood. We're five days past her developing a fever and about seven since she began feeling like she was coming down with "something."

Wife doesn't seem to have a fever this morning, but she is coughing a lot.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Wife is on her fourth day of low-grade fever. Those of you who had the disease, did your fever last that long?

It's mostly the annoying skin-crawling kind of feeling, and she goes hot and cold at night. She just wants it over. Still has a slight sore throat, and a bit of a stuffy nose.

I bring her meals and tasty beverages throughout the day ... Smiler

Can she taste the meals and tasty beverages? I hope so!

Feel better, both of youse!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
She never lost her sense of smell/taste. That doesn't seem to be a big component of Omicron.

This is pretty much like a bad cold with fever.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Update: Wife is doing better. No more fever. Occasional feeling of tiredness. Minor cold symptoms. She'll likely test herself again tomorrow.

I'm relieved to report that the plumbing still works after the catheter was removed. Relieved ...

On the mend.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear this update, P*D! May the recovery continue, for both of you!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post