well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today, life is not like a box of chocolates ...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today, life is not like a box of chocolates ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
So, on Friday I had a bit of elective minor surgery. I'll be straightforward about it. This surgery ...

Rezum

Yeah, TMI.

Many virtues of this procedure. But I'm sitting at home for six days now with a catheter keeping me company. No fun.

And now the best part! My wife woke up last night with a fever. She tested this morning and ... yep, she's got it. I have been cooking for her and taking plates upstairs and down. Now I'm sitting here, catheter in place, waiting for it to get me ... Frowner

I'm guessing the nice home health people who were planning to come out on Thursday to remove the darn device are now going to punt on that one. I'll call the urologist's office tomorrow to find out what they want me to do in the age of COVID.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I'm so sorry.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Well that’s no fun.

Re the cath removal…a friend who had a prostatectomy last year went the DIY route after consulting with his doctor. No joke. He didn’t feel like the long drive back to the U of C and asked if he could go to his PCP or do it himself. Went fine. He got the idea from his BIL, who also went the DIY route.

In any event, sending Comfort to you and mrs dr P*D…

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh man. That sounds awful.

Hope it all over soon!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I hope you get a good result.

I wonder if this would help my 88-year-old father, who has an enlarged prostate requiring catheter 24/7.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P*D I am so sorry that something which is already not fun is complicated by covid!

I hope you stay symptomless and your wife gets well fast/

And also best wishes for the success of the procedure!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Best of luck PD, and sorry your wife has to cope with Covid.

Let us know how Rezum works out, after catheter removal. I hear it is an alternative to drugs for BPH.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh wow. No fun, and the possibility of Covid on top of it all. I’m so sorry! Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

Let us know how Rezum works out, after catheter removal. I hear it is an alternative to drugs for BPH.

+1

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

+1
+2

Hope this all works out for you and the Mrs.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I hope you get a good result.

I wonder if this would help my 88-year-old father, who has an enlarged prostate requiring catheter 24/7.

I'm surprised his urologist hasn't mentioned alternatives. Did he fail on tamsulosin (AKA Flomax)? Is he too frail for a TURP? If he is used to a catheter this procedure would be a breeze for him. Rezum is fairly new, and if he goes to an older urologist, that guy may only have a proverbial hammer so all problems look like a nail.

Wife's case of COVID seems very minor. It's just a big extra headache for us because of if/when I get it, and because it complicates my follow up care later this week.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I hope all these complications resolve quickly and without further difficulties.

Best wishes.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7381 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Many thanks.

She is still running a low grade fever. We hope that begins to abate by tomorrow. Seems to be treating her like the run-of-the-mill cold + fever.

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this P*D. Hope you and the Mrs. get well soon.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping for a quick and uneventful recovery for both of you - and hoping you don't get it either, P*D!

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post