well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Time to Tell an Interesting Story

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/1693987697

09 January 2022, 01:53 PM
Piano*Dad
Time to Tell an Interesting Story
A couple of images of DeGrazia work from the Gallery in the Sun ...

This is the Stations of the Cross that he did for the Newman Center at the University of Arizona. They ultimately gave the series back to the Foundation because they couldn't afford to insure the work!

A sample oil. Probably was quite inexpensive in its day.

Lastly, one more photo of the lintels in the house. This is in the entryway. I don't really have any closeups.

Now, how do I go about downsizing these pictures. I don't see pixel dimensions in the code.
09 January 2022, 02:19 PM
kluurs
Love everything about your house - a lucky find. Beautiful.
09 January 2022, 02:28 PM
wtg
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:

Now, how do I go about downsizing these pictures. I don't see pixel dimensions in the code.

I did some clumsy tech magic and made them smaller.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to loveā€¦ and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

09 January 2022, 03:38 PM
Nina
This is absolutely triggering nostalgia. My folks lived just a few miles from the Gallery in the Sun, and we would go a lot when visiting. A trip there, followed by a visit to the Tohono Chul Haunted Bookshop (alas, no more) and the tea room was a standard afternoon. I think the tea room went dark for awhile but returned as a bistro--not sure. All three locations are lovely.
09 January 2022, 06:07 PM
Steve Miller
Beautiful work!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

09 January 2022, 08:28 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
This is absolutely triggering nostalgia.

Sorry for "triggering" you ... Big Grin Wink

I'll do it again ... here's a DeGrazia mosaic outside the main gallery.

For historical accuracy, this is the developer who bought up the studio and sold the property to be transformed into a gas station.

Dean Cotlow

Cotlow was a very young guy back in the mid to late 80s.