well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    LOLcritters (Saturday edition)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOLcritters (Saturday edition)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Kittehs! Oh, teh cutes!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Big nooz! We haz new kittehs!

A woman put an ad on craigslist urgently looking for a home for two adult cats.

Mrs pj and I had been talking for a year now about adopting a couple cats. The Humane Society was pretty much down to the elderly cats with health problems and ferals. There was word that they were flying dozens of cats from shelters in Hawaii to the US left coast, so we were going to go have a look. But this ad popped up. The woman had to suddenly move and where she was moving to wouldn't let her have cats. She was very grateful that they were going to a good home, and we were able to take them right away.

No pictures yet because they are still hiding under the couch. They may get new names... or not. They are Bob and Cocoa. Bob is a big guy. Not chubby, just big and orange. Cocoa is a tortoise.

I'll get some pics and start a new thread when they get a little more brave.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Exciting news, pj!!

happydance

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Yay, PJ!

Our ginger kitty is the nicest cat we’ve ever had. But I think you’ve had a ginger kitty before? (Fred and Ginger?) Was your ginger a (rare) female?

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Ginger was a calico and her "orange" parts were very light orange, really more of a ginger color. She was not ginger all over.

I understand that nearly all calicos are female.

Bob and Cocoa are still under the couch.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Ginger was a calico and her "orange" parts were very light orange, really more of a ginger color. She was not ginger all over.

I understand that nearly all calicos are female.

Bob and Cocoa are still under the couch.

Yes, calicos are mostly female, and orange marmalade cats are mostly male.

Bob and Cocoa will come out when they’re ready...or hungry.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My cats are never under the couch. One is always in the same room with me ... if I go upstairs, he comes up, if I go downstairs, he races to get ahead of me. The other prefers sitting on counters and high surfaces. She's mostly not social, but goes through periods of being more friendly.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’ve always wanted a cat but I’m deathly allergic to them.

Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
My cats are never under the couch. One is always in the same room with me ... if I go upstairs, he comes up, if I go downstairs, he races to get ahead of me. The other prefers sitting on counters and high surfaces. She's mostly not social, but goes through periods of being more friendly.
Well, these two had a very rough day... having to move from the home they knew, getting stuffed into unfamiliar carriers, sitting in a car for several hours, then ending up in a strange new house with strange new people.

I just opened the carriers and let them come out on their own.

After a day like that, I'd probably be hiding under the couch, too.

They'll come out when they are good and ready.

The hardest part is going to be finding a new vet. I've spent the last hour reading yelp reviews. There are two nearby that have good reviews. Vet care has gotten eyewateringly expensive in the last decade or so. I'm very leery of the chains, especially the ones that are inside the big pet stores. I had a very good vet for Fred and Ginger, but I was in there later with my ex's cats and the place had gotten very disorganized and the prices had gone way up.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Noise in the kitchen.

Me on the couch.

I better look...

Yup another tiny mouse.

They come up from the cellar where they come in to stay warm for the winter...surprise snow flakes and wind yesterday.

Good kitty...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post