well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If we can put a man on the moon...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If we can put a man on the moon...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Why can’t we get an ice maker that doesn’t suck?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I know. We can’t put a man on the moon anymore either, but let’s play.

What’s your pet peeve?

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I am never hooking up an icemaker again.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It used to be: why can’t we have a car clock that works?

But they all work pretty well now.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
“then” for “than”.
“bring” for “take”
I am about to give up on both.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
“then” for “than”.
“bring” for “take”
I am about to give up on both.

LOL!

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Loosers vs losers.

OTOH, people who talk about loosers are generally losers themselves and a lack of spelling skills goes with the territory.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Pedants. They really gripe my ass. Big Grin

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Our icemaker is so ridiculous. I generally just keep it off. It has one of those wire trips that supposedly keeps it from overloading the ice cube bin, but it doesn't work. When you open up the freezer (bottom pull-out type), all the ice cubes on the top get shoved out to the back of the freezer compartment. You can't reach them (because the freezer is in the way), so we keep a yardstick nearby to shove them out onto the floor, where we have to pick them up and toss them into the sink.

Stupid, stupid engineering design.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I have spent so much time fixing friends’ icemakers that I refused to get a fridge with one. It was not popular with my bride but so be it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
When we lived in AZ, our ice maker was never full, so it was a non-issue. Now we don't use ice nearly to the extent that we did when we lived there, so yes, I totally agree with you.

Otoh, I now have a huge hunk of ice cubes I can use to help clean the disposal every few months.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I don’t trust them anymore (icemakers) after spending the entire summer without a kitchen floor, i will not ever have a fridge hooked up to water again.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Oh right! That was awful.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we would have to do major plumbing to bring a water line to where the fridge has to be. The new fridge we bought does have the ice maker but we just never hooked it up. We do it the old-fashioned way, filling ice trays by hand.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
:knock wood: we've never had any issues with the icemaker in our freezer. It came with the house. Maybe they used to make them better.

If we can put a man on the moon, why can't we have free and fair elections?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post