Notify
Tools

Omg
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://youtu.be/zz-YT9zlxm0

I posted links about this in Amanda's thread but I just watched this Russell Brand YouTube episode and in so doing watched the exchange again (he plays the clip of it). This was an exchange between a Dutch member of the European parliament and a Phizer executive if you didn't read my other post.

One thing I learned today is the CEO refused to appear (he wasn't legally obligated) and sent this lady as his representative.

The other thing is I thought the question asked was whether they had the data. No. The question asked was did they do testing vis a vis transmissibility.

This 7 minute Russell Brand YouTube episode is very, very interesting.

From the horse's mouth.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Additional info to round out the picture. I find AP to be pretty consistently thorough and balanced in its reporting and analysis.

https://apnews.com/article/fac...liament-950413863226

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
So would we have rather done without the vaccine? Seems to me it was quite effective in what it aimed to do.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
You lost me at Russell Brand.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
You guys attacking the messenger is getting old. The specific question was asked. The Phizer executive answered it. Period.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What did you think of the AP piece? In particular, this:

quote:
While Roos and many others framed this as a new revelation, Pfizer never claimed that its clinical trial, upon which the vaccine was authorized for use, evaluated the shot’s effect on transmission. In fact, shortly before the vaccine’s release, the company’s CEO emphasized that this was still being evaluated.

quote:
The FDA stated in a Dec. 11, 2020, press release announcing the authorization of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine that “at this time, data are not available to make a determination about how long the vaccine will provide protection, nor is there evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from person to person.”

edit: Politifact looked into this also. Here's their take.

https://www.politifact.com/fac...-vaccine-trial-noth/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
There were people, including politicians, including Biden, heath authorities, including Fauci, and including the current CDC director, and countless MSM figures who flat out lied about this.

This fact is why I am very, very mistrustful and angry about this.

To their credit, there were scientists who published accurate peer reviewed articles on this topic.

To lighten the mood--

https://youtube.com/shorts/7PGLXicHFQQ?feature=share

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I believe the point regarding transmission was not that the vaccine prevents transmission. Rather it was that the vaccine reduces your chances of getting COVID in the first place. If you don't have COVID, you can't transmit it.

I file this in the same folder as comments such as "They lied because I had the vaccine and I still got COVID."

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The vaccines worked as promised. Further discussion is counterproductive and I’ve no interest in it.

I’m a results guy.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't see how it reduces one's chances of getting Covid if there's no data showing it stops transmission, and I'm not aware of any companies' data showing this.

And, it's a fact these public figures lied about transmissibility.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
The vaccines worked as promised. Further discussion is counterproductive and I’ve no interest in it.

I’m a results guy.

Ok.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
It prevents deaths from Covid. That was its purpose.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
The notion of herd immunity does not seem likely to be achieved by current viruses. I wonder why infection or vaccination does not produce long term immunity as occurs with many other diseases and vaccinations, for example, measles, smallpox, or polio.

COVID vaccines slash risk of spreading Omicron — and so does previous infection but the benefit of vaccines in reducing Omicron transmission doesn’t last for long.

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7381 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post