well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Lactose tolerance and evolution

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lactose tolerance and evolution
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Lost my tolerance again. I must not be very evolved.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I became lactose intolerant in the last few years. Dairy is my favorite food group. This suggests my body isn't producing lactase? Well, it's not fun but I'm sure there are worse problems.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Used small zinc tablets that are coated with powdered milk to regain tolerance about 12 years ago.
Sips of milk throughout the day, probiotics and yogurt helped.
The bacteria that produce lactase need to be fed so they can be replenished.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I wrote a long post and accidentally deleted it!

I can't write it again right now. It's 94 F at 4:00 and I don't have the energy!

Basically, it said thanks for the information. I'm researching supplements now and taking D3, K2, and B Complex...

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post