well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Piers Morgan FTW
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piers Morgan FTW
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://youtu.be/9AUdFwScsE8

Excellent. Kind of long but worth it IMO.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
On this we totally agree. Harry made a very poor choice. She will profit from it and he will lose everything, at which point she will drop him like a hot rock.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's a non-paywall version of the WaPo article:

https://news.yahoo.com/lifetim...e-lot-181616027.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Piers Morgan is a jerk.

I believe Megan's allegations, as they are quite consistent with those of Diana and Fergie.

I fully believe the allegations of racism, as those sorts of things that she claims were said about her baby have been said to parents of mixed race kids in this country.

As for whether he should have lost his job . . . who cares? If he could lose his job over something like this, I think it suggests he didn't have much goodwill built up.

How about we leave Harry, Megan, and their family alone and stop trashing them? I don't even care about royal stuff, but to take Piers Morgan's side in this is a bridge too far.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's a very strange family to be born into. It's like they all become Stepford Wives Windsors. I don't think we can imagine what it's like to be part of that family any more than they can understand what an average person's life is like.

Harry wants to break free from those traditions and doesn't want to be part of the family business. Good for him.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
And while I'm on a tear . . .

Pierce Morgan worked for a corporation as on-air talent. I think it is a fair bet that the on-air talent has been made aware of exactly what was expected and what positions the corporate overlords wanted to hear. At a minimum, he should have been on notice that you create a ruckus with your opinions on-air at your peril.

Nevertheless, he shot his mouth off about some popular and powerful people who he should have known had power to make life difficult, and then stormed off set in the middle of a discussion.

That kind of thing will get you fired.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about we leave Harry, Megan, and their family alone and stop trashing them? I don't even care about royal stuff, but to take Piers Morgan's side in this is a bridge too far.

Yep.

From another one who cannot fathom the public interest in this archaic institution.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Piers Morgan is a jerk.

+1. I really dislike him.

Separate from that, I know very little about Harry and Megan, but I tend to be sympathetic and think everyone should leave them alone.

I can't imagine having a Lifetime movie made about me, about things that happened barely a few years ago! Can't they at least wait till they're dead!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree. They want to dis the royals yet still be considered ones and take financial advantage of that. They put themselves in the public eye then scream 'Privacy! Privacy!'. Nah. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A lot of people make money grabbing people's attention in various ways; it's a thriving entertainment business.

And playing off your family's fame? I can think of a ton of examples.

It's not my thing to watch, but why should they be singled out for criticism?

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I probably shouldn't comment on the things/events/people that end up as the subject of slightly (or largely) fictionalized movies/tv shows, because I never watch those things.

But Harry and Megan will not benefit from that movie, right??

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, they are simply the subjects of several movies about their lives and have no direct financial interest in them.

They do have some media deals where they will be producing content, specifically with Netflix and Spotify.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Srsly, this is the era of the republic, leave monarchy to the dustbin of history already.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The monarchy is a just a real life example of relationship intrigue. Whether it be family, workplace, or otherwise, we humans love the goings on. We even fictionalize it when we can't get the real thing. Galsworthy wrote The Forsyte Saga a hundred years ago. I can remember my grandmother watching As The World Turns. And General Hospital is still running, and Downtown Abbey had a huge following.

If the royals go away, we'll find something else....

Bazootiehead-in-training