well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Why Do People Hate Vegans?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Do People Hate Vegans?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I didn't know this was a thing.

A charge commonly laid against vegans is that they relish their status as victims, but research suggests they have earned it.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I don't hate vegans, but I find some of them annoying as hell. There are many, many vegans here in PDX, and most do their vegan thing without a ripple. But there is a definite subgroup of holier-than-thou vegans who insist on telling you not simply that their vegans but why, and imply or directly accuse non-vegans of destroying the planet. Those folks are the annoying ones. Especially when they drive huge cars.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I don't mind vegans any more than I mind vegetarians or omnivores or Keto folks. Pescetarians even.

Just keep it to yourself.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
We had a funny mishap this week at the office. As we are an org all about food, there is ALWAYS something out for all to enjoy.

Our new Programs Manager is so new she didn't realize the number of vegans/vegetarians in the office and left out a meat laden lasagne with no note. She had announced it in the morning, but most staff are in the fields then.

One of our staff took a bite at lunch and then shouted across the office.."Is there meat in here?" I returned with "Yes"!

Her response was..."AHHHH!! No wonder it tasted so good!" as she moved to empty her plate into the trash. ROTFLMAO

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
We had a funny mishap this week at the office. As we are an org all about food, there is ALWAYS something out for all to enjoy.

Our new Programs Manager is so new she didn't realize the number of vegans/vegetarians in the office and left out a meat laden lasagne with no note. She had announced it in the morning, but most staff are in the fields then.

One of our staff took a bite at lunch and then shouted across the office.."Is there meat in here?" I returned with "Yes"!

Her response was..."AHHHH!! No wonder it tasted so good!" as she moved to empty her plate into the trash. ROTFLMAO

HAHAHA

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Read that 9 of 10 of those who don't eat meat have trouble with constipation?

The conclusion is that what happens in vegans, stays in vegans.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
If a vegan does crossfit what do they tell you first?

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
On a roll, Chas. ROTFLMAO

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I was at a post-concert reception last night where there were tables of crudités and such that people could choose for themselves.

I picked up a wedge of bread that contained what I thought was hummus. It was chicken. Hey, it was a low-light situation.

I had to taste it to know that it wasn't hummus. Wow, chicken is pretty meaty!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

I've found the opposite. My quasi-keto-doctor-imposed diet, I mean, and I will not describe the rest.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:

I've found the opposite. My quasi-keto-doctor-imposed diet, I mean, and I will not describe the rest.

Ditto. As a vegetarian for at least 30 years, never a problem in that department!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Why did the vegan cross the road?

'Cuz there was someone on the other side whom he had not yet told that he was a vegan.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I was in a Thai restaurant recently and there was a first date happening at the next table over. The woman spent twenty minutes very loudly reading every item on the menu out loud and explaining to her date which ones were "fit for humans to eat" and why. Then she spent several minutes grilling the waitress about where their vegetables come from and are they organic and, I am not kidding, "cruelty free" and grown and harvested by people who are paid fair wages.

I don't recall what she finally ordered and ate, but I was going to suggest that she go outside and nibble on the dandelions at the edge of the parking lot.

I also wonder if there was ever a second date.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have also never understood the whole fake meat thing. I mean I understand it, but I think it's silly. From the early days of "not dogs" and "tofurky" to today's Beyond Meat and Quorn... I've always thought all that stuff was for vegetarians who really truly deep down want to be eating meat.

I've always thought "if you want to be a vegetarian, EAT VEGETABLES". What's so hard about that? Green leafy things, tomatoes, squash, even soy beans, are perfectly lovely and tasty just the way they are.

Sheesh.

Even tofu is just fine the way it is.

Why waste so much time and effort trying to make vegetables look, taste, and chew like meat?

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com