well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Chance the Snapper

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chance the Snapper
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Our alligator has made the national news.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...l8#image=AAEeXl8_1|1

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Winter will take care of Chance ...

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh.

How alligators survive freezing temps

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, yeah, that's what the NC alligators do when they encounter a day or two of the chill. Chicago and alligators won't mix well. Wink

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Denver had an alligator in a pond near I-70. It was reported for a few years.
Those that reported it were treated as though they had reported a UFO.
It was finally captured.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Saw Chance on the news this morning. Weird.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Chance was nabbed last night.

Press conference at 10 with details.

https://abc7chicago.com/pets-a...ally-caught/5398789/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I noticed that that article does not mention if it's handbags for Chance, or a cushy zoo life.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ended up calling in an expert from.....Florida. Who nabbed Chance in no time.

that's a little plaid ribbon around his neck. he dressed up for the press conference.

quote:
The male, 5-foot-3 alligator weighing about 30 or 40 pounds, was captured around 1:30 a.m. at the northwest side of the lagoon, officials said. New alligator trapper Frank Robb, who was brought in over the weekend to replace a volunteer trapper, spotted him hiding in the lily pads.

When Robb saw the alligator, the animal went down and spoke a little “crocodilian." Robb cast hooks at the animal with a fishing pole and caught him.

“The second I put my hands on him, the hook fell out,” Robb said.

The animal “put up a little fight,” was unharmed, Robb said.

Robb joked that when he’s asked how he catches alligators, he says “just barely.”

Robb had while he had little sleep overnight, the alligator “was exhausted too, I’m sure.”

Asked to imitate the alligator’s noise when it “vocalized,” Robb said “that’s a trade secret buddy, I’m sorry.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com...uwj3iw7ta-story.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Are they going to put him in detention and make him drink out of the toilet?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The guy who caught Chance is throwing out the opening pitch at the Cubs game tonight.

Do we know how to make people feel at home, or what?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A very respectable opening pitch.

And he got to turn on Buckingham Fountain this morning. And Lou Malnati's treated him to pizza. And he went on the Ferris wheel at Navy Pier.

Chance is heading to a sanctuary in Florida. Robb will get to seem him on a regular basis.

Bazootiehead-in-training