well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    NeverTrumpers speak

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NeverTrumpers speak
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Chris Truax of Republicans for the Rule of Law.

quote:
I'm 'Never Trump' because of 7th grade civics. I don't want to hijack the Democrats.

We believe in the principles of the American founding. There are not enough conservative judges in all the world to justify damaging our institutions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...s-column/5486195002/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Kurt Bardella. From Brietbart to the Lincoln Project.

quote:
Why I joined the Lincoln Project: It's leading the 2020 fight to repel Trump and Trumpism

Michelle Obama’s famous catchphrase, 'When they go low, we go high,' is stirring oratory. But it's not a recipe for defeating the cancer that is Trump.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...n-column/5402081002/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimmy Tosh, who runs a multi-million dollar hog and grain farm in Tennessee, is a lifelong Republican. He is pro-gun, supports lower taxes and agrees with most of Republican President Donald Trump’s agenda.

He is also spending his money to help defeat Trump in November’s election.

“I agree with 80% of the things he does; I just cannot stand a liar,” Tosh, 70, said of Trump.

Tosh is one of a growing number of wealthy conservative Americans who say Trump is a threat to democracy and the long-term health of the Republican Party. They are actively supporting his Democratic opponent in the Nov. 3 vote, former Vice President Joe Biden.

Several billionaire and millionaire donors to The Lincoln Project, the most prominent of Republican-backed groups opposing Trump’s re-election, told Reuters that elected Republicans should also be punished for enabling him. Some even support the ouster of vulnerable Republican senators to hand control of the chamber to Democrats.

Their money has fueled an unprecedented campaign from members of a sitting president’s own party to oust him from office. This is a sign that Trump has alienated some Republicans, most recently with his response to the coronavirus pandemic and nationwide protests over police brutality against Black Americans.

The ultimate impact of these actions remains to be seen in a country so deeply polarized. The “Never Trump” Republicans failed to stop his ascent in 2016 and became marginal figures as Trump came to dominate the party during his presidency. But this year could be different, some strategists from both parties said.

“The distinction in 2020 that we didn’t see in 2016 is the amount of money backing their efforts and their size,” said Karen Finney, a Democratic strategist and a spokesperson for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.

“The number of people willing to go public about Trump and put serious money behind beating him — I don’t think we’ve seen an effort on this scale.”

https://www.reuters.com/articl...ection-idUSKCN24P12Q

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Kinda late, boys, but thank for the lip service.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Kinda late, boys, but thank for the lip service.

+1

Posts: 24723 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Better late than never.

I'll take it.

Bazootiehead-in-training