well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Crazy stuff in Idaho
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy stuff in Idaho
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Two Idaho lawmakers have introduced a bill to charge those who administer mRNA vaccines with a misdemeanor.

Sen. Tammy Nichols, R-Middleton, and Rep. Judy Boyle, R-Midvale, sponsored HB 154. It was introduced in the House Health & Welfare Committee on Feb. 15 by Nichols. According to the bill text, "A person may not provide or administer a vaccine developed using messenger ribonucleic acid technology for use in an individual or any other mammal in this state."

That person would then be charged with a misdemeanor.

Nichols said during her presentation to the committee, "We have issues (the vaccine) was fast tracked."

Nichols said there is no liability, informed consent or data on mRNA vaccines. She later clarified she was referring to the two COVID-19 vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna.

"I think there is a lot of information that comes out with concerns to blood clots and heart issues," Nichols said.

Rep. Ilana Rubel, D-Boise, questioned Nichols' statement that the vaccines were fast-tracked. She said her understanding was that the vaccines were approved and survived the testing, later approved by the FDA.

Nichols said she is finding it "may not have been done like we thought it should've been done."

"There are other shots we could utilize that don't have mRNA in it," Nichols said.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/n...31-9762-f9be10300075

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Maybe the pharmacist was trying to avoid a misdemeanor charge.

quote:
Boise Rite Aid pharmacist cancels appointment, refuses to administer COVID-19 vaccine

PHARMACIST A ‘CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOR’

https://amp.idahostatesman.com...rticle272504050.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The conservative mantra "we don't like this, therefore no one should be allowed..."

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the conservative position would be if someone had a conscientious objection to opening the gun display cabinet at Walmart.

No, actually, I don't. I'm pretty sure I know.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Elect clowns, expect a circus.

How long before insurance companies stop writing life insurance policies in Idaho?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elect clowns, expect a circus.

Yes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
This is a Florida government link:

https://www.floridahealth.gov/...health-alert.pr.html

In fairness, it is a controversial [type of] vaccine.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
While the Florida surgeon general may have an opinion about vaccines, I don't think it was very informed. He didn't do a very good job as a doctor and scientist advising the public at large.

Some context for that Florida link:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/...s-mrna-vaers-safety/

But back to the pharmacist in Idaho...

Laws vary regarding conscientious objection by pharmacists. All of the cases I've heard relate to refusal to dispense birth control.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...e-faith/10154078002/

The part that I take issue with is the pharmacist simply cancelling appointments without calling customers and telling them that they would not be able to get the vaccination and that they would have to make other arrangements. She owed them that courtesy as a professional in a customer service job.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Two Idaho lawmakers have introduced a bill to charge those who administer mRNA vaccines with a misdemeanor.

Sen. Tammy Nichols, R-Middleton, and Rep. Judy Boyle, R-Midvale, sponsored HB 154. It was introduced in the House Health & Welfare Committee on Feb. 15 by Nichols. According to the bill text, "A person may not provide or administer a vaccine developed using messenger ribonucleic acid technology for use in an individual or any other mammal in this state."

That person would then be charged with a misdemeanor.

Nichols said during her presentation to the committee, "We have issues (the vaccine) was fast tracked."

Nichols said there is no liability, informed consent or data on mRNA vaccines. She later clarified she was referring to the two COVID-19 vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna.

"I think there is a lot of information that comes out with concerns to blood clots and heart issues," Nichols said.

Rep. Ilana Rubel, D-Boise, questioned Nichols' statement that the vaccines were fast-tracked. She said her understanding was that the vaccines were approved and survived the testing, later approved by the FDA.

Nichols said she is finding it "may not have been done like we thought it should've been done."

"There are other shots we could utilize that don't have mRNA in it," Nichols said.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/n...31-9762-f9be10300075

This isn't my understanding.

Of course these vaccines were fast-tracked because it was an emergency.

They're still under EUA designation as far as I know.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
They're still under EUA designation as far as I know.

From the Yale medicine website:

quote:
Since the start of the pandemic, the FDA has granted numerous EUAs related to COVID-19. So far, two vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, for ages 16 and up, and Moderna, for 18 and up) and one treatment (Gilead Science’s remdesivir) have gone on to receive full FDA approval.

Nichols trips herself up everywhere.

Informed consent? Don't know about anyone else, but each time I got a shot, I was handed a multi-page document to sign that pretty clearly stated that the vaccine was under an EUA.

No data on mRNA vaccines? Don't know what rock she's been hiding under. These have to be the most widely administered and studied vaccines in history.

Blood clots? Um, no. That was J&J's vaccine which is not an mRNA vaccine. After problems were identified the guidelines for use were changed to only being administered to people who can't take other COVID vaccines. I'm guessing that change totally took the wind out the sales ( Wink ) of that vaccine.

I get that there are differing opinions on COVID vaccines but at least these legislators need to get the basics straight.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I get that there are differing opinions on COVID vaccines but at least these legislators need to get the basics straight.

Yep ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Mormons account for nearly 90 percent of state Legislature

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
wtg, You wrote, "These have been the most widely... studied vaccines in history."

The corporations' data has lacked transparency, IMO.

We can agree to disagree on these two points.

No worries.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was referencing the studies that have been done since the vaccine got EUA status. Literally hundreds, if not thousands, of studies from around the world have been tracking the safety and efficacy of these vaccines.

I'm thinking that you're referring to the initial trials done by the various manufacturers? As is, perhaps, the legislator from Idaho, a perspective I hadn't considered.

If so, something to think about is that mRNA technology is not new; it's been studied for decades. We all just heard about it in the context of COVID, so it seems like "new" technology.

A timeline of mRNA tech:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

edit: and another excellent overview of vaccine technologies:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03626-1

Some interesting stats on COVID vaccine administration:

quote:
69.5% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

13.29 billion doses have been administered globally, and 505,403 are now administered each day.

26.9% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.

Source

What we're doing now is looking at all those people and figuring out how well/poorly the vaccine does, and whether we need to refine our protocols.

Certainly the vaccine was launched on an aggressive schedule to a huge a number of people, but from what we were seeing at the time the virus materialized, the severity of the situation seemed to warrant prompt action on the vaccine front.

We'll all be looking back to see if the best decisions were made, but of course we have the benefit of hindsight. And we need to be thinking about where we go from here with respect to future vaccines and treatments.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the data post authorization by private entities but I doubt any research has given us a new consensus about any number of issues.

The technology has been around decades? I don't know.

I know the name of the Dr.
who received the patent for it.

He said protection is not "linear," there is a possibility of compromising the immune by system by constant/ endless vaccination, and we can't vaccinate our way out of the pandemic.