well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Those of you approve of Joe Biden...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those of you approve of Joe Biden...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I think one of the most important things a president does is choose the people that surround him.

The first concrete piece of evidence we have about Joe Biden as president is his selection of a vice president. I think he made a reasoned and intelligent choice. I expect him to continue to do well in putting together a cabinet. In someways, perhaps a better job than the incumbent...

Posts: 10333 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I think one of the most important things a I expect him to continue to do well in putting together a cabinet. In someways, perhaps a better job than the incumbent...

Perhaps, indeed.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34810 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Perhaps my ***

Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
So, hold out for the perfect Dem, if you don’t like Biden. See where that gets you.

The rest of us are going to bury RBG.

I have to consider Joe Biden. It has nothing to do for me with Donald Trump let alone RBG. Besides, I've had four wretched years to consider Donald Trump. I italicized "Joe Biden" because I did want to hear about him, his actual record, his policies, and his lack of them. Personally, I think Trump will "win," again.

Posts: 24617 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Trump will steal the election again, with the help of the Russian mob. We haven't been ruthless enough. We've been naive, too decent, and we have lacked imagination. I think a large portion of the country still can't imagine the horror we are in for. By the time we grok the whole picture it will be far too late. Trump should have been cut off at the knees in 2016, but the people who might have been able to make a difference--Obama, Clinton, congressional leaders--put too much faith in our institutions, gave him a chance, chances he should never have been given. The election should have been contested right then and there. The intelligence we had on Russian interference should have invalidated the election. We should have been as ruthless as Trump's people. Anyone who understood that he is a sociopath, and what that means, could see that.

You can't play by the rules with some opponents and live. Because we played by the rules, we are going to die.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21284 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Time to plan the exit strategy...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Trump "won" by 70,000 votes, IIRC, spread over Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Clinton made no campaign stops in any of these states. Yet, she received almost 3 million more votes than Trump, IIRC.

I believe the DNC is selling us a bill of goods with Joe Biden. This is just my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Trump "won" by 70,000 votes, IIRC, spread over Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Clinton made no campaign stops in any of these states. Yet, she received almost 3 million more votes than Trump, IIRC.

I believe the DNC is selling us a bill of goods with Joe Biden. This is just my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Joe Biden was not my first, second, or even fifth choice. But in retrospect I believe the DNC made a wise choice in him. The only thing that matters this election is getting trump out of office. That means running someone that disaffected Republicans can support. Biden has a lot of friends in both parties. The candidates I most wanted could never win those votes--and we need them.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Time to plan the exit strategy...

Yes.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:

Joe Biden was not my first, second, or even fifth choice. But in retrospect I believe the DNC made a wise choice in him. The only thing that matters this election is getting trump out of office. That means running someone that disaffected Republicans can support. Biden has a lot of friends in both parties. The candidates I most wanted could never win those votes--and we need them.

We'll see.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter if he was the right choice or not. The Democratic Party voted, and he won the most votes.

Time to line up behind the candidate. Maybe he loses, but we have to go down fighting.

Posts: 45721 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
It doesn't matter if he was the right choice or not. The Democratic Party voted, and he won the most votes.

Time to line up behind the candidate. Maybe he loses, but we have to go down fighting.

+1

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25665 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Part of the problem with a candidate who has decades of experience is they also bring a history. Part of the appeal of an "outsider" is they don't.

I would vote for Biden based on his views about climate change, health care and how he has proposed managing COVID. I understand he is not a perfect candidate, but there is no such thing. I was very disappointed that he voted to go to war in Iraq (as did Hillary). I don't think his performance during the Thomas-Hill inquiry was his finest hour. However, I do believe he has modulated his views. (Haven't we all?)

I don't see any indication that Trump or the GOP will change their stance on health care, climate change, environmental regulations, or their response to COVID. We don't have decades to wait for them to change their views (assuming they even would).

So, in a 30-second sound bite, that's why I'm voting for Biden.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a text today seeking lawyers to commit to go to Pennsylvania on Election Day and observe at the polls. I take the training this Friday night, and I may go up some additional weekends between now and Election Day.

What are the rest of you doing to get Trump out?

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Biden gave us the violence against women act.

Which is a big deal.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post