well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's for Sunday night dinner?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's for Sunday night dinner?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We had some leftover chicken from when I made stock a few days ago in the Instant Pot. Of course the meat is totally done to smithereens after being cooked for 45 minutes under pressure, but we find a way to use it up anyway.

Today I decided to try using the shredded chicken in enchiladas. It's a quick recipe from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. Canned enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar, shredded Chihuahua cheese with jalapeno, and corn tortillas.

Also had some Mexican street corn that I picked up at Costco. Frozen roasted corn with a spicy sauce, and you sprinkle a packet of cheese on it after you heat the corn in the microwave.

So simple. And really good. The chicken was perfect for this dish. The enchilada sauce and cheese that I tossed it with before filling the tortillas worked perfectly.

Next time I'll get some guacamole and will chop up a bit of fresh lettuce for crunch....I was out working in the yard all day and was in a rush to get dinner on the table...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
No photos, but this is what I made:

Garlicky Cashew Broccoli Tofu

Didn't quite make it vegan. I used real butter instead of vegan butter.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yum on both accounts!!

We had the "stupid-easy" pasta salad!! Smiler

Plus cherry seltzer water, very refreshing for an 86 degree day! Smiler

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Burger patties from Omaha Steaks. Had their steaks the other day.
Foiling Bob's attempts to become a vegetarian once again. Evil

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Sautéed cabbage with kielbasa. Twas awesome. Really liked the recipe which added caraway seed, a little cider vinegar and whole grain mustard. Had a bit of a Reuben sandwich taste without all the fat.

https://www.thekitchn.com/kiel...age-skillet-22997419

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Noodle in herbal chicken soup.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We made fake lasagna with the three leftover bits of pasta in the pantry. It was a nod to Samin Nosrat’s “Everybody make lasagna on Sunday” this afternoon. Such a sweet idea, but I can’t imagine making a lasagna as rich as hers.

Samin Nosrat’s lasagna party

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
We had chicken souvlaki with a Greek village salad and homemade tzatziki. We only eat meat about once a week and it’s amazing how delicious it is now when we do have it!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
That all sounds delicious!

I baked a chicken a few days ago and had a little bit left. The CSA bag had a purple cabbage and some spring onions, so I used those, some mayonnaise and some bread-and-butter pickles I made last summer to make some coleslaw. And some squash I froze last summer went into a casserole.

'Twas tasty!

Today, I'm going to make chicken tenders using almond flour and cook some snow peas from the garden. I'd never grown them before, but they're one of Quirt's favorites so I gave it a shot. They're small but tender and tasty and there's a bunch of them out there. I have a feeling it's going to be too hot too soon for them to last long, but they're good for now.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
That all sounds delicious!

I baked a chicken a few days ago and had a little bit left. The CSA bag had a purple cabbage and some spring onions, so I used those, some mayonnaise and some bread-and-butter pickles I made last summer to make some coleslaw. And some squash I froze last summer went into a casserole.

'Twas tasty!

Today, I'm going to make chicken tenders using almond flour and cook some snow peas from the garden. I'd never grown them before, but they're one of Quirt's favorites so I gave it a shot. They're small but tender and tasty and there's a bunch of them out there. I have a feeling it's going to be too hot too soon for them to last long, but they're good for now.

Nice! My mom used to grow snow peas every year alongside the south-facing garage. So delicious! Eventually they’d go to seed, and she’d save some seeds for the next year. She doesn’t garden any more, but it was fun while it lasted!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's not Sunday. Leaving

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post