well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Congratulations to Dewey!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congratulations to Dewey!
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
We were sadly unable to attend. My oldest had surgery on her eye Friday, and we just could not find a room for MIL.

We were looking forward to it but, we were there in spirit.

I hit you up on FB but, Congratulations again!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of CTPianotech
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Dewey. Smiler

Posts: 825 | Location: CT | Registered: 10 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DeweyCMH
posted Hide Post

Posts: 374 | Registered: 11 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pics. You both look wonderful!!!

I have to ask....was the violinist playing one of George's creations?

re: photo sharing. You have to upload photos to a third party site like https://postimages.org/ and then embed the link here like you used to with photobucket. No need to create an account if you don't want to.

What you did works, too, except that you have to go to the site where your photos are stored.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DeweyCMH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt G.:
Also, I've never had a snog of bourbon in a church basement before, so there is that, too!

Heh. That's just the way we roll in LOU uh vl.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DeweyCMH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:

I have to ask....was the violinist playing one of George's creations?

Actually, no. That is the famous (in violin circles) Jackson Stradivarius, made in 1714. It's being played by our friend, Dr. Bill Sloan, who owns the Jackson, and whose wife, Prof. Judy Sloan, was accompanying him on the piano. If you google "Jackson Stradivarius," you can learn all about its history. There are also a number of good YouTube videos of it being played. I'd find links and add them here, but I'm doing this from my phone and it would get a bit cumbersome. Bill and George have been dear friends for many years, and are "benchmates" at the annual violin making workshop in Oberlin, Ohio that they both attend each year. While attending part of those same events, I also met and befriended Bill five or six years ago. We were thrilled that he and Judy were able to fly in from LA to be part of our day.

Forum Frequenter
Picture of DeweyCMH
posted Hide Post
Oh, for those who encountered problems and couldn't be here - or for anyone else who has about 45 minutes to kill - here's a link to a video of the ceremony:

https://m.facebook.com/story.p...8&id=100007109681854

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Congrats, best wishes, and yay for you both!

Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post