well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Downfall

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downfall
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Trump Furious about the Truth again

quote:
Trump gave Maguire “a dressing-down,” said another individual, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. “That was the catalyst” that led to the sidelining of Maguire in favor of Grenell, the person said.

Maguire came away “despondent,” said another individual.

Poor Maguire, so sad. Poor boy, he doesn't get the toys he so badly wanted.

A dressing down because he permitted an intelligence briefing heard by representatives of both parties. And Devin Nunes runs off and tattles, which is about the best word to describe the middle-school behavior of this entire ruling claque of imbeciles. Imbeciles that many of my friends still support.

He is destroying the intelligence community. You know all of those parody videos from Downfall, the ones with Hitler tearing into his staff, well, that's what we have in this administration. Speaking truthfully to Republicans is an invitation to self-destruction.

Posts: 12528 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Why is any Trump administration employee surprised at this? Everyone's time will come, because it's impossible not to get him mad at you. Because that's what he does. He is a professional whiner and finger-pointer, and loves the punitive response.

Everyone's time will come. Everyone's.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Some manage to delay it.

It never happened to Hope Hicks. She avoided the wrath by never being responsible for anything.

It’s only happened to small degrees to Pompeo. He has avoided the wrath by tying himself to Trump’s hip and never deviating from what Trump “thinks”.

So, maybe not everyone. Certainly, after many years, not Hopey. And not Ivanka.

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Why is any Trump administration employee surprised at this? Everyone's time will come, because it's impossible not to get him mad at you. Because that's what he does. He is a professional whiner and finger-pointer, and loves the punitive response.

Everyone's time will come. Everyone's.

The ones with some tiny shred of integrity and independent thinking are the ones who seem continually surprised. Not sure why. The evidence is clear, as Quirt notes. To do well in this administration one has to anticipate the wishes and whims of the narcissistic child-man and slavishly heap praise upon his dumbest pronouncements.

Posts: 12528 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post