well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Artisan Soy Sauce

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Artisan Soy Sauce
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I can't open that article without jumping through hoops (i.e. getting onto my university account) but I will just say, good soy sauce is amazing.... I haven't had any of the special stuff in the US, only in Japan, but when it's different, you can tell.

I wonder if the comparison of margarine and butter is apt here...

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
SK,

I’m a big fan of Yamasa. Is it considered good in Japan, or am I just pretending to be a soysnob?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Can't read the article, but, as I related in an earlier thread, I found "nama shoyu" in an Asian specialty store, and it was significantly better than the supermarket kind. I can well imagine that there are even more refined versions.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post