well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Parscale's Suicidal Behavior
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parscale's Suicidal Behavior
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
For those of you keeping score at home, this is the fourth consecutive Trump campaign manager to get arrested.

Neighbor a couple houses up from me put out a "Drain the Swamp" sign a few days ago, next to his shrine of Trump, downballot republicans, and Blue Lives Matter signs and flags. Drain the Swamp???? Really???? If that person can unironically put a Drain the Swamp sign in their yard after the last 4 years, I fear there's not much hope for this country.

I'm sure you can find (or make) a sign that mocks the "drain the swamp" slogan.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does he need psychological help? Absolutely, but until he uncouples from Trump it won’t do any good.

Parscale steps down from campaign.

https://www.politico.com/news/...rump-campaign-424069

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
He needs help in the way that many people who "serve" in this administration need help. People like Miller, for instance. People for whom normal conduct is lying, punching, and paranoia. Plus fawning and self-abasing to those above you, and punching down with glee when you can.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Did you watch the video? They didn’t give him any time to process “get on the ground” before tackling him. Was that a beer in his hand? (Edit, the article says it was)

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yep, they didn't give him a lot of time. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The neighbor (or wife?) said there were weapons in the house, that she had seen him holding a weapon, and thought she might have heard a gunshot. He appeared to be ready to harm himself, possibly others. I'm guessing their first thought was to disable/disarm him, both for their protection and for his.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
A) The view from the streets ...

Can't imagine that many of the BLM protesters are gonna feel like Parscale was treated badly in this episode. As Nina noted, the police had to immobilize him quickly given what they had been told, and the street protestors would surely note how gently they did that violent act.

B) The view from right wing privilege ...

Imagine the contortions among right wing Trump allies who really WANT to get pissed off at how Parscale was tackled and cuffed but ... ah, that would force them to come to terms with the much harsher treatment meted out to black people every day.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Jodi that was my thought as well but I’m long past making judgments based on a snippet of video. We’ve all been punked too many times.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
A good portion of the video is online. I'll tell you my personal opinion.

No, I'm not thrilled with that response. He was shirtless, so the only place he could have had a weapon was in its shorts. Both hands were visible and one clearly held a beer, so he was no threat to the officers and was compliant with their requests. They told him to come over to them, and he did. He started explaining his side of the story, and we seemed well on our way to a peaceful resolution.

Yet he is told to get on the ground and given one second to comply. You know what happens when you tell most people to get on the ground? They don't comply because they cannot believe they are being told to get on the ground. Much better would have been to tell him to put his hands on the hood or roof of a car. Or just talk to him like they were doing.

People can suffer head injuries and broken bones from being thrown to the ground, and he undoubtedly suffered pain from that encounter. Probably a lot of scrapes on his torso, at least.

I see no basis for that. Too bad, as the initial responding officer did a wonderful job de-escalating with the phone call to him that convinced him to come out of the house. I think he should file a complaint.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes. It seems to me the solution to the blm problem is not to start treating everyone as poorly as they treat black people.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
What is interesting to me is not that the victim here was white.

What is astounding here is that the victim here was wealthy.

Wealth plays a huge role in how the police treat you. This was a nice house with a pool in florida. You never know how powerful such a person might be. It is amazing that someone chose to tackle him like that when the situation was under control.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was a nice house with a pool in florida.

Miami boy here. Houses with pools in southern Florida are absolutely ubiquitous. Lower middle income houses frequently have built in pools. The house in the video didn't scream extreme wealth. But yes, I'm sure the guy is fairly well off.

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
He's certainly a lot wealthier than, say, George Floyd.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, but that's not a high bar as you know.

The point is that the guy's house may not scream extreme wealth of the sort that might alter ingrained police behavior.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
If the police worry about "how powerful" a person might be, it's probably at a house more like this ... Big Grin

There are lots of them in Miami and Coral Gables.