well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Kamala, It’s Not Me, It’s You

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kamala, It’s Not Me, It’s You
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Poor Kamala. Polling in third in California, behind Biden and Sanders. She has 17%. Warren and Buttigieg both have 7%, so tied for fourth place.

I cannot put my finger on it, but . . . She feels like an empty suit. Her answers sound like something her staff told her to say. Very packaged.

She is the most Hillary-like of the candidates so far.

So disappointing . . .

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
It's so early. Let them all grow up a bit.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I watched her most recent interview with Trevor Noah.

No improvement at all.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I lost all respect for both she and Booker in the Kavanaugh hearings. I understand they were given their assignments, but that is largely my point. I would vote for Trump over either one.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I’ve yet to rule her out as someone I’d vote for. I just don’t know enough about her.

I definitely would pull the libertarian lever over Bernie and Warren, though.

It would be a purely symbolic act, mostly done to piss Quirt off. Big Grin

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I may go that way again too. Depends who they run.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I’ve yet to rule her out as someone I’d vote for. I just don’t know enough about her.

Just gives me one more reason to add to the pile of why you are hopelessly illogical. Big Grin

Has New York passed the interstate compact? I understand half of the Oregon legislature did so this week, and the other half has passed it in the past.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm not willing to declare a candidate poisoned, or cast a vengeance vote, on the basis of performance in a TV show or interview. I can certainly develop opinions about candidates that way, and I do. But to claim at this stage who I would or wouldn't vote for seems insane.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Big Grin

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm really enjoying the horse race aspect of all of this.

Take Buttigieg. He has decided to pick fights with Mike Pence.

What a great idea! Pete gets to appeal to the base, he gets to pick a fight with a guy with whom many independents are lukewarm, *he* gets to play the school marm (tsk, tsk, Mike isn't abiding by his religion), and if Pence attacks him back for being gay, Pence looks like a hater or worse.

Not only that, among the 17 candidates he is the only one picking this fight, so he gets this lane all to himself. And he avoids a direct attack from Trump -- Trump's bite is much more lethal than Pence's. Will Trump step up and defend Pence? Please.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
If there's something nice I can say about Kamala Harris, it's not coming to me.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh snap. Pete is third in Iowa (9%) and NH (11%).

And Sanders is at 16% in both states.

Pete must be killing it on the ground in small venues.

Biden is slipping, especially in NH. Down ten points from his peak in one poll.