well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    New mask available...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New mask available...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
to the general public. Dr. Hansen explains.

This looks good.

https://youtu.be/t7cVsWBfupE

Can anyone find the link, "down below"?

My phone isn't cooperating.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Counterfeit masks

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
From below the video

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
"NIOSH spelled incorrectly"

Good grief.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Daniel, I've noticed you posted a few videos before with covid info, were they the same person? I've tended to be a little suspicious of video info, is this doc vetted?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Daniel, I've noticed you posted a few videos before with covid info, were they the same person? I've tended to be a little suspicious of video info, is this doc vetted?

I vetted them, SK. Also, I've only posted links from two doctors.

I'll cite their credentials. I'll attempt to address your (plural) scepticism.

I'm sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Please give me a few days. I don't have time to do this today, and I'll probably have to borrow a tablet if not a computer.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
SK,

One of the doctors whose videos I posted is Doctor Chris Mathenson. He is a pathologist. His PhD is from Duke. He's also an economist. He posts at "Peak Prosperity," a site he co-founded.

I haven't found Doctor Mike Hansen's medical credentials yet. I doubt that he's a fake doctor or promoting fake masks, though.

I don't mind if I see (or read) something on the internet, necessarily. My philosophy is that everything has to be evaluated on its own merits.

There is a lot of false information and propaganda in the world. The internet is no different.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Daniel, thanks to those details.
Re this:
quote:
on the internet

These days, practically everything I read is on the internet, that wasn't what I was curious about with the links you were posting.

What I was reacting to was the use of YouTube as the platform. Anyone could upload a video to YouTube. But if I read something from a reputable news source that's online, I feel it's more trustworthy, and I know there's been vetting etc. If it's an academic journal, all the more so. In that case, you can see sources, you can get info about editors, authors' affiliations etc.

The first video you posted (i think in this thread) was a doctor talking about a particular types and brand of mask. How do we know he's not being paid by the company that makes those masks?

So I'm not questioning you, or even necessarily the doctor, but rather the use of apparently unvetted videos as an information source.

Also, I usually hate videos because you can't skim! WhoMe

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I think you and I differ as to reputable news sources. I don't trust the MSM. You see YouTube videos as apparently unvetted. I've had some experience reading academic journals. They're all about debate. It seems to me that discretion is always necessary.

But, of course, SK, we don't all have to have the same pov, response, or reaction. That would be pretty dull.

No, you don't skim- you fast-forward. Smiler

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp