well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    An unexpected Ukulele
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An unexpected Ukulele
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I love "Something"!!! do share!! Smiler

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Still working on this but I decided to do a video of my Waltzing Matilda partial arrangement.

I still have to learn the solo for Something. Once I get that down, I will record that too.

Warts and all...

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
That’s wonderful, Mark!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Nice! I love to watch you make music...there's this sense of pure joy... Yes

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jodi! As our resident with the most ukulele experience, I would love to hear you play.

Maybe we could collaborate on a multi-track duet. That could be fun.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Thank you wtg! Music does bring me great joy. Playing music is just part of me.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thought of you when I was looking at videos on Kanopy. There's a documentary that came in 2010 called The Mighty Uke; I just started watching it.

Went to the website for the documentary and found this:

http://www.mightyukemovie.com/...clips/bumblebee.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The documentary (Mighty Uke) is so much fun! It's about how ukes have become popular again all over the world. Lots of groups of people playing together and having a ton of fun.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:
Thanks Jodi! As our resident with the most ukulele experience, I would love to hear you play.

Maybe we could collaborate on a multi-track duet. That could be fun.

I mostly just strum chords, a little bit of finger picking - but you are really good! A duet would be fun!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post