well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Parental Brag ...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parental Brag ...
 Login/Join

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Oh I had no idea! I’m glad to hear that things are amicable, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.

--------------------------------
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4083 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
MaryAnna - send congrats to Muffin's Sister, and I echo Dol's comments. The fact that it's amicable tells us how much effort they've both put into things, if nothing else.

Also you mentioned "HR" and then "PR." Not sure which is the correct new position but if it's HR I'm happy to help out any way I can. Smiler

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
MA, yes happy for Muffin’s sister, and wishing her the best! She’s so smart and accomplished; she’ll do well in whatever she chooses to do.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Congrats to all of you.
You have done well.

Ditto! Keep up the good work.
Yes, it is especially moving that we have followed their growing up.

We've even seen one of them born.

quote:
I want some grandkids.

Me too!

Bad enough that my sons either have no place to put them or simply don't want my heirlooms but not producing even one grandkid is the last straw! One grandcat is NOT enough.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
MaryAnna - send congrats to Muffin's Sister, and I echo Dol's comments. The fact that it's amicable tells us how much effort they've both put into things, if nothing else.

Also you mentioned "HR" and then "PR." Not sure which is the correct new position but if it's HR I'm happy to help out any way I can. Smiler

It's HR. I had a slip of the finger. Smiler

Thank you! I'll tell her.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
My grandkids are now old enough to video chat with me and send me videos they've made and pictures they've drawn. One teeny upside of sheltering in place is that we're doing more of that.

We've also played some old school board games by video chat. (Helpful hint: You don't have to be in the same room to play Uno, Crazy Eights, and Battleship.)

My unbiased opinion is that all four of them are absolutely delightful and without flaw.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Congrats to all of you.
You have done well.

I want some grandkids.

Both of my kids have disclaimed any interest in having kids of their own.

I find myself surprisingly unbothered. I have granddogs. Maybe they'll change their minds, maybe they won't, but I can satisfy any grandparenting urges I may have with my step-grandkids.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
It’s so great to hear about everyone’s kids! I agree that they seem to be coping better than I am and better than my age mates too. Smiler

Mary Anne, my family has been doing weekly movie nights. Brother, sister, kids, grandkid, nieces, nephews we all meet up, coast to coast for us. You just get a group chat going, pick a day and time that works for everyone, have a nomination and voting round to pick the flix, then all start the movie or show at the same time. Use the chat to talk during the show.

Great fun, and the group chat is also getting regular use even without a movie going.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
MA, please send my good wishes to your amazing daughter!

I have no doubt she will rock her new life..She is amazing as are her boys. Yes

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post