Tools

Nevada
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Piano*Son caucused today in a downtown precinct (i.e. Bernie-town). He was precinct captain for Buttigieg.

In the first round, only Bernie and Elizabeth were "viable." Then each of the non-viable candidates' supporters put up one person to speak for their choice. P*S spoke for Buttigieg. He encouraged the Klobuchar and Biden people to come over to Pete, and the bulk of them did! Buttigieg became viable. In the end, Bernie got something like 12 delegates to the county caucus, Warren got 7 and Pete got 6. He'll be leading that delegation to the county caucus where the state delegates will be selected.

He got a nice selfie with Julian Castro at the precinct. Castro was supporting Warren. And he met the lieutenant governor of California (Eleni Kounalakis), who has endorsed Buttigieg.

P*S is having fun ... Big Grin

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
What a great experience! ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So think he and Pete can find a couple of pianos and entertain the campaign staff?

Keyboard Jam Keyboard Jam

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Bernie is starting to build momentum. He may very well get the nomination.

He's not my candidate, and I'm still angry about his temper tantrum in 2016, but if he's the nominee, I'll hold my nose and vote for him.

If only some people had taken that attitude back in 2016, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
What is the matter with these followers?

Extreme is not good.

He looked good on stage, but will not be good for USA...look at his past record

And he is too old.

Think 2 yrs from now...4 yrs from now

Who will be his running mate?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He turns 80 just a few months after inauguration.

He had a heart attack in October.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Obviously this is what people want. While I have my doubts about how effective he would be as president, I have no doubt that his platform addresses real needs, and I love his vision for world peace. It seems utterly stupid to me for the pundits to argue he can't beat Trump, and to clamor for the DNC to stop him. What are they worried about? The end of toxic greed? The end of exploitation?

I predict that former trump voters will go big for Sanders. He's promising to be their champion, and Trump didn't deliver.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21346 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Obviously this is what people want. While I have my doubts about how effective he would be as president, I have no doubt that his platform addresses real needs, and I love his vision for world peace. It seems utterly stupid to me for the pundits to argue he can't beat Trump, and to clamor for the DNC to stop him. What are they worried about? The end of toxic greed? The end of exploitation?

I predict that former trump voters will go big for Sanders. He's promising to be their champion, and Trump didn't deliver.

The contrary viewpoint has been expressed by some Republican commentators, who claim to have heard from NeverTrumpers that, if Sanders is the candidate, they'll hold their noses and vote for Trump.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
The contrary viewpoint has been expressed by some Republican commentators, who claim to have heard from NeverTrumpers that, if Sanders is the candidate, they'll hold their noses and vote for Trump.

Or not vote for President at all. I know people who say they will do this.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes--there was a reasonably large % of Bernie supporters who voted for Trump. I don't understand why, unless they were just wanting to deliver the ultimate "protest" vote.

But then again, I can't remember a lot about what Trump was promising to do during the 2016 elections other than "build the wall," and "lock her up." The latter would certainly appeal to some Bernie supporters.

I had no idea just how bad Trump would be, or how thoroughly the powers that be would abdicate all responsibility to him.

Now I know.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Big swing from first to final caucus selection. Nate Silver makes the point that polls should be evaluated based on that first vote.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
So the question is how does the DNC stick it to Bernie this time?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The South hasn't voted yet, Bloomberg isn't on the ballot yet.

However, I now think the odds of Bernie getting the nomination are more than 50%.

Which is too bad, but you dance with the one what brung ya, and that'll likely be him.