well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    California SB360

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California SB360
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
Bill: http://leginfo.legislature.ca....ll_id=201920200SB360

From the summary: "... This bill would delete that exception for a pentitential communication, thereby requiring clergy to make a mandated report even if they acquired the knowledge or reasonable suspicion of child abuse or neglect during a penitential communication. ..."

I think the original exception made for penitential communication was an aberration, so I welcome the amendment to remove that exception. Of course there are people who disagree.

What do you folks think of this?

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to see every priest, bishop, cardinal, .... and pope, who knew about abuse and did nothing locked up. Well, the pope might be difficult because he is a leader of a sovereign state, but I digress. I would like to see victims receive realistic compensation, even if that means confiscating and selling off church property. I think believers should abandon this church and form other associations ...

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Here I find out about CA legislation from a guy who lives on the East Coast. Roll Eyes

I like the legislation but wonder how it will stand up as far as constitutional wrangling. I can’t think of a single one of my Catholic friends who would oppose it but I’m sure it will face stiff opposition.

I’ll be watching. Thanks, Ax.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post