well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Odds and ends
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odds and ends
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

That's a lot of work!

quote:
you could not pay me enough to to their job

Indeed! We've had a lot of tree work here, and some of it is frankly terrifying! Wow!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
One of the robin youngsters learning the ropes. Or, in this case, how to use a bird bath.

My friend was over and took some pics and a short video...

Hold on, video coming....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sO7YTIeLa8

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, it looks like your video is set to "private" which means that only people you select can view it. If you change it to "unlisted," you can share the link but it's not searchable.

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sorry....walked away from the computer and forgot to finish....let me know if it works now....it's set to Unlisted....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
let me know if it works now

Yep! Very cute!!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My beets weren't doing very well, but a few finally started to take off and grow a nice bunch of leaves.

Yesterday morning I discovered that something ate all of the beet leaves. I think it's a chippy....

VeryAngry

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
All summer I don't see rabbits. And then today....

They're baaaaack........

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The first moonflower of the season just bloomed! I was really late planting them this year....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Lovely!!

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
One of the robin youngsters learning the ropes. Or, in this case, how to use a bird bath.

My friend was over and took some pics and a short video...

Hold on, video coming....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sO7YTIeLa8

Last summer we brought up our birdbath top (the part where the water goes) to our deck. We had broken the bottom pedestal some time ago. We stuck it in with a bunch of potted flowers that attract pollinators, and where we also have a few bird feeders. It was a hit! We should've done it years ago. They've all learned that there is water in a protected area now, and every morning we either see birds drinking/bathing or see that they've been there (lots of droplets around the bath).

Really cool!

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Have put the veggie garden to bed for the winter. Now it's just leaf raking till December.

And I've turned to inside decluttering tasks....I decided to tackle going through my CDs to see what I want to keep. For whatever reason, I got out of the habit of listening to them on a regular basis decades ago, so they've been sitting there unplayed.

I am starting at the top shelf of a pretty large built-in cabinet that's on one side of the fireplace, and working my way from the top down. I'm listening to every one and making the decision to keep or get rid of. With some I decided after five minutes it's not something I want to keep and it goes in the give away pile.

Gotta keep my tech brain active, so I'm thinking about converting an old desktop PC to a media server so I would just copy them over to that. But that's down the road a piece. I may also just get rid of the whole lot and be done with them.

It's interesting to see what I bought, back then (mostly 80s/90s) what I used to listen to, and what appeals to me now. I've discovered that the little foam inserts that were included in some multi-CD boxes disintegrate and end up sticking to the disc. Still playable but the labels look yucky.

I can report that I still love Bach, Boccherini, and Chopin.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
the little foam inserts that were included in some multi-CD boxes

I don't think I've ever seen those.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post