well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    No thread yet about DeSantis's 12 million dollar Migrant Vacation to Martha's Vineyard?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No thread yet about DeSantis's 12 million dollar Migrant Vacation to Martha's Vineyard?
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Here are people at work who know Jesus, or at least are just good people. Unlike any person who yuk yuks at DeSantis owning the libs.

"Live in Martha's Vineyard"

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
We have labor shortage.
The migrants want to come here and work.
You’d think there is a solution somewhere in between.

Posts: 12691 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
As I expected, south Florida's Latino community is not amused.

Venezuelan-Americans fume

The Latino-Republican alliance has always struck me as based on an almost willful suspension of disbelief about the racist base of the GOP. They fume about Cuba and COMMUNISM but tie themselves to a national party that regards them as sh!thole people, convenient and useful, but ultimately "not Amurican."

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Redirected Covid response funds?

It would be irresponsible not to speculate.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And while we’re here, the passengers state that the flight originated in Texas, touched down briefly in Florida and then flew to MV, yet Florida seems to have paid for it.

If I lived in FL I would be very unhappy about this, especially when the Feds routinely pay for this sort of resettlement.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I do hope the DOJ puts people in jail

Like all the Homeland Security folks who were seemingly instrumental in this.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
We have labor shortage.
The migrants want to come here and work.
You’d think there is a solution somewhere in between.

Texas has a labor shortage as well. Every day I read where TX home builders can’t find crew, generally larded with both wailing and rending of garments. I generally view these articles as confessions of incompetence and this latest stunt cements my view.

It makes no sense.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
This article lays it out nicely. Everything old is new again!

https://nymag.com/intelligence...te-migrants-too.html

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Joe nails it one!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
This stunt does bring to light an odd quirk in the law. It seems immigrants awaiting judgement on their asylum cases are allowed to be here but not allowed to work.

This makes no sense.

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
This is a huge backfire. Makes the MAGA assholes look as bad as they are and the D’s who deal compassionately with the migrants good, as they are. The MAGA crowd may be cheering but there must be independents who see where the good is. Church folks, still support Trump and his mignions after this stunt in human trafficking?

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Newsom said in his letter that he wants a DOJ probe into potential civil or criminal violations based on the "alleged scheme" and said the interstate travel warrants federal jurisdiction. He also asked the DOJ to probe if the "alleged fraudulent inducement" supports kidnapping charges.

That was my reaction ... fraud and maybe kidnapping.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Church folks, still support Trump and his mignions after this stunt in human trafficking?

Why Yes, they will.

Do you really think these breast-beating pharisees who have lined up with Trump and the MAGA religion will suddenly "see the light" and reject the GOP over this? They'll just watch another feel-good episode of Tucker and go to bed reinforced with great feelings of their own worth and of liberal weakness -- you know, people feeding the hungry and getting angry at the cruelty so obvious deployed as a weapon against these migrants.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
There are many people with evangelical backgrounds in my part of the world.

Culture shock.

I think I'll leave it there.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post