well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    No thread yet about DeSantis's 12 million dollar Migrant Vacation to Martha's Vineyard?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No thread yet about DeSantis's 12 million dollar Migrant Vacation to Martha's Vineyard?
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
https://news.yahoo.com/migrant...eyard-094735429.html

And Abbott too. He sent a few busloads to Kamala Harris's house yesterday.

Seriously, what the everloving F*CK is wrong with these people. Using human beings -- children, for God's sake -- as a political tool. Lying to them and then shipping them and dumping them somewhere like they are garbage. Of course, to these Republicans, I'm sure they *are* garbage.

I hope this backfires on them bigly. How anyone who supports this can call themselves Christian is completely beyond me. These people cannot, just cannot possibly be allowed to win power in this country, or I am done. Seriously. I am selling my house and moving somehwere else.

The future the Republicans want, I guess:
https://newrepublic.com/articl...-trolling-immigrants

On the other hand, kudos to the good citizens of Martha's Vineyard, who stepped up and did what Christians are supposed to do -- fed, clothed, and sheltered the immigrants. Again, it seems like it's only the liberal states that actually bother to READ THE BIBLE instead of using it as a weapon.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Oh, I'm sure those "christians in name only" read PARTS of the Bible... Evil

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I wonder what is really going on behind the scenes.

quote:
Friction between White House and senior Homeland Security officials mounts as migrant border crossings soar

At meetings, some DHS officials have expressed frustration with the Biden administration's reluctance to send migrants to inland cities, as GOP governors have done.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...mbers-rise-rcna47770

eta: Axios reporting.

It's about time for all these politicians, Democrats and Republicans alike, to get their act together and figure out some reasonable way to deal with the situation. It's been going on forever.

This is ridiculous.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Governance by trolling. Completely unethical. This is the moral rot of the Republican party. Moral rot.

Posts: 12534 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It's just another version of what was already being done by the Biden administration.

https://www.local3news.com/fir...d7-c080b0b2c611.html

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
It's just another version of what was already being done by the Biden administration.

https://www.local3news.com/fir...d7-c080b0b2c611.html

Um, no. Those children were being transported BY DHS to facilities that were expecting them and prepared to receive and house them. DeSantis literally lied to the migrants, telling them they are going a city that was prepared to receive them and that they have housing and jobs lined up, and then he just dumped them on the sidewalk in a city that isn't even where they were told they were going. No one in the city has any idea they are coming or is prepared for them. They were not fed or cared for during transport and then they were dumped on the curb like literal garbage.

Not the same at all.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I thought of posting one. DeSantis is such a jerk.

Posts: 24723 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's not the same.

Lisa hit the nail on the head.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
It was compared to throwing a dog you don't want out in an unfamiliar neighborhood.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...r-one-place-n1271211

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...s-starting-rcna32530

You think these places have shelters ready for them? They can't shelter our own citizens.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A spokesperson for the DHS said in a statement that the agency was working with Mexico to process individuals "as safely and expeditiously as possible,"

"Some of these individuals are then expelled to Mexico pursuant to the CDC Order under the CDC’s Title 42 public health authority," they added. "The operational need for these sector-to-sector transfers is assessed daily based on the processing capability and facility capacity of each Sector.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...grant-families-biden

It would seem the administration has been trying to work with "those places". They're not just dumping people.

And the GOP forced the administration's hand with Title 42.

We're doomed as a species. We've completely lost our ability to work together to solve issues facing us.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
How could this possibly cost $12 mil?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...r-one-place-n1271211

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...s-starting-rcna32530

You think these places have shelters ready for them? They can't shelter our own citizens.

Now you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Do you want them sent back to Mexico? Because that's what the Republicans have been screaming bloody murder for this whole time and that's what's going on in your second post. (It's not what I would prefer, but you can't fault Biden for doing it....he is sending them back as the law allows.)

Or do you want them sent north, to find family and jobs and eventually asylum? Because that's what was going on in your original post -- where DHS had a shelter ready to receive the people they were moving north and a plan in place to care for them.

Desantis is sending them north, only to dump them on the street without proper clothing or blankets or food or any sort of plan for where they should go or who is going to take care of them. But oh, he is making sure Fox News is there to film it all so his base can drool over what a hardass he is.

F*ck him and anyone who supports this nonsense. I hope there is a God just so all of them can rot in hell someday because I can't imagine Jesus will be looking kindly on any of this.

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
F*ck him and anyone who supports this nonsense. I hope there is a God just so all of them can rot in hell someday because I can't imagine Jesus will be looking kindly on any of this.

Emphasis added.

Mik: I'm having real difficulty understanding why you always feel the need to bothsides things like this. Do you actually support this cruel abuse of people for the sport of trolling the libs? Entertainment for the morally dead Republicans who eat this s*** up?

I'm sorry, but I have increasingly come to think that this is who GOP voters truly are ...

"Finally a Reason to Celebrate on Martha's Vineyard"

Posts: 12534 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
How could this possibly cost $12 mil?

Good question. I wouldn't at all be shocked to discover kickbacks to selected people.