well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Link Fixed! Mary Anna! Your Tweet is famous!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Link Fixed! Mary Anna! Your Tweet is famous!
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I was trolling the articles about the Rose Garden debacle and look what I found!!

Check out about 4 posts down. Yes

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I think the link goes to the wrong place?

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
The last time I had a tweet go big, somebody wrote an article saying that I and others "schooled" Stephen King.

HairRaising

I did not, nor was it my intent to, school Stephen King.

I'm almost afraid to see what this tweet has done.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Doh..

MA, I fixed it in the original post..

But here it is again.. about the 4th post down..Occupy Democrats

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Whoa! MA, I didn't know you tweeted, I'll have to pay more attention!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Oh, dear.

Why can't my more polite and ladylike tweets get that kind of attention, preferably for my books?

SK, I've had an account for a while, but mostly used it to tweet when I had something published. Predictably, that doesn't get you much of a following. I got interested in following it for news several months back. (And for unfounded but fun rumors, but I do try to be aware of which is which.)

I tweet a little more now, and the aforementioned Stephen King tweet got a sh*t-ton of likes and was picked up by a publication not unlike this one, except I think it was in India. I've had a few others take off, mainly because I was the first commenter with something mildly snarky on a popular thread by a popular tweeter. Clearly I don't understand Twitter, though, because my own tweets drop into oblivion.

Mary Anna Evans
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I am not a follower of Twitter..I look in now and then..

The whole garden thang got my attention..

BTW..I LOVED your Tweet! Yes

MillCityGrows.org

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:

Why can't my more polite and ladylike tweets get that kind of attention, preferably for my books?
Maybe Trump will start attacking you mercilessly by tweet! Your national profile will go through the roof! Expect lucrative book deals and speaking engagements!

Quirt may have to start tweeting to defend your honor. We derive more laugh and entertainment from the whole saga.

Win win!!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Basic principle: don't defend someone who would undoubtedly do a better and more elegant job defending herself.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Mary Anna's tweet is superb

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post