well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We're going to pass China this week

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We're going to pass China this week
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
20% of their population. 7x their per-capita GDP. 2 months warning.

It didn't have to happen.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
It took two months to reach 100,000 coronavirus cases and just two weeks to get to 200,000. It only took four days for the tally to reach 300,000, a clear sign the pandemic is accelerating, the World Health Organization said.

Washington was our canary in the coal mine. Westchester was the next warning.
Italy shoulda made it obvious.

Yea, we had more than one early warning.

edit: March 2nd was when the third and fourth cases in Illinois were identified. A couple from my town, and it resulted in 100 people being quarantined at home. That's when I started stocking up and we stopped going out to restaurants and getting together with friends. Minimal trips out, just to shop for groceries.

It was obvious it was going to spread quickly.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post