well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Upcoming 60 Minutes interview with Andrew McCabe
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming 60 Minutes interview with Andrew McCabe
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Soon after speaking to President Trump about the firing of his boss James Comey, Andrew McCabe, who became the bureau's acting director, began obstruction of justice and counterintelligence investigations involving the president and his ties to Russia. In his first television interview since his own firing, McCabe tells 60 Minutes' Scott Pelley he wanted those inquiries to be documented and underway so they would be difficult to quash without raising scrutiny.

"I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground, in an indelible fashion," McCabe tells Pelley in the interview. "That were I removed quickly, or reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace."

The interview with the veteran FBI agent who rose to acting director of the bureau will be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, February 17 at 7:00 p.m., ET/PT on CBS.

"I wanted to make sure that our case was on solid ground and if somebody came in behind me and closed it and tried to walk away from it, they would not be able to do that without creating a record of why they made that decision," McCabe said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a...-trump-60-minutes/er

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's on tonight for those who might be interested.

Related: https://www.bloomberg.com/news...sidered-taping-trump

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Anyone watch?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a...tigation-2019-02-17/

The DOJ statement in response to the interview was carefully worded.

A remarkable phone call from Individual 1 to McCabe:

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I saw it. McCabe needs money. Lots of money.

That said, firing him hours before he would be eligible for retirement was unnecessarily petty.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13558 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I saw it. McCabe needs money. Lots of money.

That said, firing him hours before he would be eligible for retirement was unnecessarily petty.

Petty and totally unsurprising.

There is no low to which Trump will not sink, no norm that he will not break.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yea, it goes along with the video I posted about the phone call to McCabe where he was grilled about why Comey was allowed to fly home on an FBI plane after he was fired.

I've been catching up on the rest of the interview; there are a bunch more videos labeled 60 Minutes Overtime. Being asked how he voted, and during a job interview for the director position, never being asked about how he might run the agency.

Head shaking.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:

pretty petty and childish...

I wonder if they day he retires, is fired, whatever, if I 1 will ride on a US plane?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:

yup

and of course it was a threat to all others, what 'he' could/would do...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what it looks like when you "run the gummint like a bizniss". At least when the CEO is a wannabe biznissman who has had more bankruptcies than Carter has pills.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, that's exactly the kind of behavior McCabe is describing with regard to Comey.

Why is this a surprise to anyone who has watched Trump over the past 30 years. It was plain to anyone with eyes and a brain that the man is a jumble of petty neuroses and narcissistic nastiness.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
He is totally unfit for the job. I understand that there are supporters who feel that the ends justify the means, and this administration (not Trump himself, per se) has been able to make significant headway in rolling back regulations, packing the SCOTUS, attacking Roe v Wade, etc. But the cost of these wins is far too high, in my opinion. We are seeing an ongoing attack on the checks and balances built into our constitution. At some point, the pendulum will swing, and all these new-found powers and obfuscation methods will be used by the other side. There are larger issues here.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Individual 1 never wanted to be president. He wanted to be emperor and supreme autocrat -- just like Nikolai had on that highly decorated plate. He wants to be an authoritarian dictator, just like the authoritarian dictators he buddies up with. That actually matches his lifelong pattern of how he tried to buy his way into the circle of New York wealth.

Fake dictator!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

Fake dictator!

You are wrong about that. He's a real dictator. He's just not very good at it.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Quirt - Big Grin

What astonishes me is that supporters are willing to blame *everyone* else for being unfair to Trump. They've pretty much given up trying to excuse his behavior; now it's just all a conspiracy to take him down.

When will they realize it's not the rest of the world, it's him?

Democrats criticizing Trump? Haters, and sufferers of TDS.

Lifelong Republicans (thinking Jennifer Rubin, Max Boot, and others) criticizing Trump? So-and-so was either a) never really a Republican or b) never a Trump supporter. Run that one past me again, please? Why aren't you asking yourself why people who have traditionally considered themselves part of the GOP finding it necessary to speak out?

Career people in the DOJ and FBI who are concidentally Republicans with at least some of them selected by Trump himself, all sharing concerns about what might be going on, are labeled as part of a coup attempt? How the hell are you supposed to make a decision about whether the 25th Amendment is appropriate without talking about it?

Aargh. I'll stop here.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Jeff Sessions. Another "beauty". An early Trump supporter and selected to be AG by Trump. How is he not responsible for THAT?