New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
A recent poll shows trumps popularity for the 2024 Republican nomination has slipped some but he is still number 1. Check out number 3!

https://morningconsult.com/202...gop-primary-polling/

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Barf

Also, when should we expect to see Ivanka's name up there? Blink

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It's hard to run for pres when you're in prison.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I still predict that the GOP will not nominate Trump or any of the Trump kids in 2024, and the GOP nominee will not want Trump or any of the Trump kids to campaign with him/her.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ax. The name will be too tarnished.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bannon has resurfaced in Trump's life recently. I'm sure part of it is fishing for a pardon. But Trump was a useful idiot the first time. No reason to believe Bannon can't do it again.

At least two QAnon believers are in Congress.

I'm not counting the Trumps out.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
"Grab 'em by the pvssy" should have sunk him.

I-1 still got elected after that got out.

He has proven there is no bottom. And his supporters still support him no matter how far he sinks.

So, I'd say don't underestimate the GOP's tolerance for I-1 and his spawn.

And if he gets a majority of the vote in the primary -- and it looks like if the primary were held today, he would -- and the nominating convention ignores the vote and nominates someone sensible and qualified (that is, nobody on the list in the article) the same gang of violent armed thugs that broke into the Capitol will storm the convention and demand that their exalted Dear Leader get the nomination.

And if Dear Leader isn't available, his spawn who bears his name will probably be it.

In their eyes, Pence is damaged goods.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Bannon has resurfaced in Trump's life recently. I'm sure part of it is fishing for a pardon. But Trump was a useful idiot the first time. No reason to believe Bannon can't do it again.

At least two QAnon believers are in Congress.

I'm not counting the Trumps out.

And Bannon was the Mercers' useful idiot. They're still around and have billions to spend to destroy the government and shape the wreckage into their twisted idea of what a government should do (help make people like them richer and keep everyone else down where they belong).

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm not particularly interested in polling of GOP-identifed voters. I'm much more interested in polls showing all registered voters, or even polls of all voter-eligible adults.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I'm not particularly interested in polling of GOP-identifed voters. I'm much more interested in polls showing all registered voters, or even polls of all voter-eligible adults.

Know your enemy.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The thing is, I think many GOP have discovered their enemy and are no longer affiliating with the party. I read a snippet that approximately 5K registered GOP in Arizona de-enlisted (?), whatever, took the necessary steps to unregister as GOP after Jan 6th.

I don't know if that means they registered somewhere else, but this is a big reason why I don't particularly care about what registered GOP voters think at the moment. If their numbers are slipping, it may not matter. 80% of GOP may approve of Trump but if that amounts to only (making these numbers up) 35% of voters, then it's really not as ominous as it sounds. Just mind-boggling, but that's a different story.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post