well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Medicare
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicare
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I've heard that it's worth it to enroll in medicare when you turn 65, even if you aren't planning on using it yet. Has anyone else heard that?

(Maybe it's just to get rid of the junk mail.)

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I've heard that it's worth it to enroll in medicare when you turn 65, even if you aren't planning on using it yet. Has anyone else heard that?

(Maybe it's just to get rid of the junk mail.)

Short answer – yes, you really need to sign up for the free, part A Medicare at 65 even if you’re still working. This is to avoid having to pay a higher rate later if you defer. Part B, is usually delayed until you no longer have company paid insurance.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
My parents both used original Medicare plan Part A, Part B with Supplement F, and Part D. Supplement F is the best coverage but it’s also the most costly. They were basically covered for just about everything. And they racked up some pretty big medical bills before they passed. I think they went with supplement F because they didn’t like getting medical bills in the mail.

Supplement F will no longer be available starting in 2020.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post