well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Giuliani had a press conference today
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Giuliani had a press conference today
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
It was even better than the one at the Four Seasons.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2020...nce-on-fox-news.html

From WaPo:

quote:
“I can prove to you that he [Trump] won Pennsylvania by 300,000 votes. I can prove to you that he won Michigan by probably 50,000 votes. When I went to bed on election night, he was ahead in all those states, every single one of those states.”

— Giuliani

https://www.washingtonpost.com...ce-trump-presidency/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rudy Giuliani got things off to a wild start at the press conference held by President Donald Trump’s legal team, but Sidney Powell was next up to speak, and she cranked things up a notch…or several.

Powell, known for representing Michael Flynn before Trump, spoke days after after claiming that the CIA is involved in the Dominion voter fraud conspiracy theory, which has been embraced by Trumpworld since the 2020 election ended. She began by claiming that the “massive influence of communist money through Venezuela, Cuba, and likely China” is the reason why Joe Biden won.

The Dominion voting system, the Smartmatic software and the software that goes in other computerized voting systems as well, not just Dominion, were created in Venezuela at the direction of Hugo Chavez to make sure he never lost an election after one constitutional referendum came out the way he did not want it to come out.

The first thing that should be noted: Dominion was founded in Canada, not Venezuela, and they are located in Toronto. Nonetheless, Powell continued to push the repeatedly–debunked Dominion theory by claiming Trump’s election victory was actually “so overwhelming” that it “broke the algorithm” supposedly designed to turn Trump votes into Biden votes.

From there, Powell seemed to insinuate that Chavez is behind the scheme against the 2020 election, citing a witness who supposedly saw Chavez manipulate votes in Venezuela.

We have one very strong witness who has explained how it all works…It is a stunning, detailed affidavit because he was with Hugo Chavez while he was being briefed on how it worked. He was with Hugo Chavez when he saw it operate. To make sure the election came out his way. That was the expressed purpose for creating this software. He has seen it operate. As soon as he saw the multiple states shut down the voting on the night of the election, he knew the same thing was happening here. That that was what had gone on.

Powell went on by drawing further connections to a series of right-wing boogeymen: George Soros, the Clinton Foundation, the Venezuelan government, Antifa, and others.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tr...ton-and-hugo-chavez/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Uhhhhmmmmmmmm.... Hugo Chavez has been dead for seven and a half years.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Madcap Compatriot
posted Hide Post
We can only hope that this brown liquid running from his head was malfunctioning hairdye, and not a sign of something malfunctioning somewhere, you know,.... inside....

Here a theory about use of language that I thought of last night, because I had a mean backpain and couldn´t sleep well (it´s much better now, thanks).

I wonder, if some Republicans (or demagogues anywhere) adopted a completely new and revolutionary system of speech/language/thinking and words.
Let me explain.
Usually words are used to describe your surroundings as closely and truthfully as possible. You call a chair a chair and make the "chair" sound with your mouth, because it is something your brain learned and recogises as something to sit on. So, if you want someone to sit down, you point to the object you identify as "chair", and ask someone to use this "chair" by making the "chair" sound. If you don´t and point at the chair, but make the "stop the steal" sound, the other person will be irritated, because you pointed at something, that he recogises as a "chair", but asked him to sit down on a "stop the steal".

As a Republican, using the new type of speech, if you want someone to sit down on a chair, it doesn´t matter how you call that thing. You just repeat different sounds again and again, until that happens, what you wanted. Then you stop, and the other person knows, he has done the "right thing".
You want to stay president? You just make lots of sounds. Maybe even sounds that your opponents will recogise. They will be irritated, because you use them in a new way. "Voter Fraud" doesn´t mean anything, it is just a sound. You test new sounds again and again, and those that show best effect (e.g. your followers shout them on the streets and write them on placards, or your opponents are irritated by them) you repeat even more.
Your opponents will call you a liar, but that is not true. They just think (and that´s their fault!), that your words mean something, but that´s wrong, obviously. They are just sounds, that you repeat over and over again, until that happens, what you want!
And don´t call that a stupid new system of language, because it worked just fine for some people in the last years.

I think my theory could explain a lot of things! Please: If you want to reply, do use the conventional way of thinking and speaking. Things could get complicated otherwise.

Posts: 202 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Even Tucker Carlson is fed up. He invited Sidney Powell to take up the entire hour on his show last night, but asked for evidence, repeatedly, and she gave him nothing and finally told his staff to stop contacting her. He said he's seen not a single piece of evidence of voter fraud.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your back, Martin. Hope it was better today!

I have a related theory about Trump. I think his strategy is to keep things in a constant state of chaos and confusion in order to keep everyone off-balance. He creates an uproar and distracts everyone, and when a particular incident loses steam, he creates a new one. As the saying goes, "lather, rinse, repeat".
Your theory regarding his use (or misuse) of language makes it that much more effective. Well, for him at least. For the rest of the world, not so much.

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Martin, you are such a chair. I can't imagine how your steal puts up with you.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Color me confused. She was at Rudy’s side two days ago with her impassioned rhetoric about all the fraud in the election.

quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump’s election campaign issued a statement on Sunday distancing itself from Sidney Powell, a lawyer who made baseless allegations of voter fraud at a campaign press conference on Thursday.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” Trump campaign lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said in the statement. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”

https://www.reuters.com/articl...l-team-idUSKBN2820UB

WTF

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
...never met her, didn't really know her, basically just the coffeeboy, etc.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
But just a week ago welcomed her to the team...

https://twitter.com/realDonald...Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Bazootiehead-in-training

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I read one succinct synopsis (maybe it was here) that boiled down to this:

Nothing is ever I-1's fault.

If he loses every legal challenge in his attempt to overturn the election, it will be the lawyers' fault.

So, I guess Ms. Powell is the first to get the ol' "yer fired!"*

* Note: I-1 has never fired anyone to their face. The thing on TV was just an act. In real life, it's always by tweet, by midnight press release, by having some lackey call the poor sucker who's getting the ax.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Sidney Powell set a new record. 0.73 Scaramuccis.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, Rudy may say she was just some freelance schmuck who was never on the team, but Donald said otherwise...

Donald's Excellent Team

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Why they dumped Sidney.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-BB1bhfzB?li=BBnb7Kz

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Sidney Powell set a new record. 0.73 Scaramuccis.

Big Grin Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post