well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    41% of Republicans will not get vaccinated (PBS)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

41% of Republicans will not get vaccinated (PBS)
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://youtu.be/KDid89CFWH8

I say make it mandatory. It will probably be sooner or later, anyway.

Posts: 24635 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
This is how we handle disagreements over the vaccine here in Nevada:

Dealing with difference of opinions re: vaccines

Posts: 10333 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
This is how we handle disagreements over the vaccine here in Nevada:

Dealing with difference of opinions re: vaccines

I suppose that is one way of dealing with that.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25667 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Posts: 24635 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I predict that percentage will drop over time, especially once the FDA approves the vaccine for general - instead of emergency - use.

Once that happens, any number of employers and venues will require proof before allowing admission, to say nothing of other countries.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34823 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Let them get it and die. I would like there to be far fewer stupid people in the world.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21300 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I don’t see what the fuss is all about. There wasn’t enough vaccine for everyone and still isn’t. We have six months of data about efficacy and risk, and the vaccine is still under emergency authorization. There have been lots of concern about the AZ vaccine, which has undermined confidence generally.

People who want to take the vaccine should take it. Those who don’t will likely take it when more is known. Those who decide never to take it are free to take their chances.

I don’t support strapping people down and making them take a medication they don’t want to take.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I don’t support strapping people down and making them take a medication they don’t want to take.

Nor do I.

OTOH, I don’t want to share a restaurant with them, nor do I want to share a movie theater, an office or a concert venue, a grocery store, drug store or a classroom.

I look forward to the day a a vaccine passport us required for entrance to any of these places.

Posts: 34823 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Keep your vaccinations current and wear a mask if you want. You’ll be fine.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
And the idea of requiring people to show their papers to go to a restaurant is kind of not going to happen. Let’s be realistic.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
There have been lots of concern about the AZ vaccine, which has undermined confidence generally.

AZ is not available in the US (just a trial held here) so....

Perhaps the spin should go the other way...It was shown to have issues, so the US has not approved it making the others a better bet.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
quote:
There have been lots of concern about the AZ vaccine, which has undermined confidence generally.

AZ is not available in the US (just a trial held here) so....

Perhaps the spin should go the other way...It was shown to have issues, so the US has not approved it making the others a better bet.
I know that, but that may suggest to some people that the experts don’t know as much about vaccines as they say given that they seem to have botched it.

Look. The pro vaccine crowd is not approaching resistance to the COVID vaccine correctly. I have taken all vaccines throughout my life except flu and shingles — just haven’t gotten around to getting the latter. Not once has a vaccine made me ill.

But the COVID vaccine makes people ill. So far, every friend or colleague I know has suffered flu like symptoms after their second dose. That alone would be enough for folks to want to know why. So far, I have not heard a satisfactory answer.

There is tremendous confirmation bias around the Covid vaccine. Those who get it become rabid advocates, and those who choose not to get it become rabid resistors. I don’t understand why both sides have such a hard time understanding the concerns of the other side.

I get my next shot Wednesday. That is the decision I made, but I did not make it without some concerns and reservations.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the idea of requiring people to show their papers to go to a restaurant is kind of not going to happen. Let’s be realistic.

Actually it’s entirely realistic. We did it with smallpox.

Let me look fir the article.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:

But the COVID vaccine makes people ill. So far, every friend or colleague I know has suffered flu like symptoms after their second dose....

Well. I think of the long-time members of WTF as friends and have even had the good fortune to meet a goodly number at the only joint event I was able to attend (Elena's Carnegie Hall concert).

As reported twice elsewhere on this site, I had absolutely y no reaction to my second Moderna shot.

I wonder if this might be somehow related ro my having had a reaction to the first shot (that "8th day Moderna reaction"). I haven't read any connection between the two effects, though,. Be that as it may, the fact remains that I don't fall into the category Cindy describes as universal (per anecdotal evidence) - that all recipients of their second vaccine injection, "everyone...[I know", understood] get markedly ill afterwards.

(Hey, I consider you a friend, Cindy, albeit technically only virtual , but after all these years I think I have gotten to know you quite well. Certainly, as well or better as many friends and acquaintances I have actually met IRL. Smiler )

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
But the COVID vaccine makes people ill. So far, every friend or colleague I know has suffered flu like symptoms after their second dose.

Both mr pique and I had no symptoms at all except for a sore arm for a day. Not even that after shot #2. Lots of people I know had zero reaction.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21300 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post