well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'll never do that again
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'll never do that again
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I think I totally missed the original point of this thread.

The point is simple. As I reach retirement age I realize how many things I won’t need any more.

I own a pair of Sorel insulated water proof boots. I’m finally going to get to use them. I’ll never wear them out.

Crossed them off as a budget item.

I have a pair of 32 year old Sorel boots. Still going strong and worn every winter since I bought them. Even the liners are still in great shape. I find that wearing them with no socks is best and I have been out in sub-zero weather with them for extended periods of time with no issues.

Best boots ever!

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I almost never say "never".

Stuff happens.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
I'll never need to buy peanut butter again (and a few other shelf stable foodstuffs) .

Gradually seeing shelf space on the paper products storage area, though.

I thought I'd never need peanut butter again, but then I started making these peanut butter cookies. No flour. So delicious, especially if I add chocolate chips. Recipe here

You DO tempt me, but alas, I'm still on the never-ending KETO diet and although peanut butter itself is OK (noting that on account of its carbs, I still have more than a lifetime supply,* sugar is still out.

In fact, I've decided that KETO or not, sugar per se is always going to be out even when I allow healthier carbs back in my life.

(Deliberately not looking at your recipe, as I'm sure it's delectable. Thanks you, though!)

* Considering the giant jars I got (I'm sure they contain some bad sweetener too) it's really only an Armageddon backup. Should bring them to the Food Bank (other stuff too) before they pass the expiration date. I hear they're quite strict.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Maybe not, re Food Pantrying my emergency foods considering this:

Second Wave Food Hoarding is Back

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
There’s a good chance I’ll never buy another necktie.

All sorts of sporting goods are in the past. At various stages of my life I have quit basketball, tennis, racquetball, bowling and probably running.. I’ve probably quit golfing, but who knows what I’ll do when I’m 88 in a retirement home.

I’ve definitely bought my last wedding ring…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post