well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Calling Dr. House! I lost 36 hours or so of my life, and nobody knows where they went
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling Dr. House! I lost 36 hours or so of my life, and nobody knows where they went
 Login/Join

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
That sounds scary. I hope you're ok.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Vertigo is not a disease. It is a symptom. I have had Benign positional vertigo several times.

Jf
Do you do the kneeling-head turning thing to clear it?

Eply maneuver. Not kneeling but lying down and head turning. It moves inner ear crystals that are in the Wong place.

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Amanda, hope you're feeling better.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Rip Van Amana
Glad it was not for 20 years.
Hope you are well now.

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate all your caring comments, guys. Was afraid it would just seem plain weird and implausible (the first is certainly true, but implausible - well, I will never forget seeing the TUES in the upper right of my cell phone (instead of MON!). Yes, it certainly was more than disconcerting. I am afraid I will never know what happened, but perhaps I'll have to be satisfied with its never occurring again.

I've been waiting to write again as I haven't yet met with my PCP, but decided to say at least something provisionally.

No, nothing to do with the colonoscopy as I never even got to the "SUTAB" (new method) prep - only two days of low fiber eating.

I was fascinated hearing of Nina and PJ's personal experiences of lost time. It's an induplicably eery experience. Except for having general anesthesia, I've never before just "lost time" with no sense of its passage. Once I had severe pneumonia when both my sons were also quite ill. I managed to keep track of their and my meds (symptomatic relief and antibiotics) by writing the times they were administered on 5"X8" cards. Once we had survived (not at all a sure thing), I noticed one day was missing. I figure that was just confusion in keeping track (fever of 105 F to start!) - not the same "wrinkle in time" experience Ax aptly named it.

No, no corona virus (had my vaccine over a month ago) nor any new meds (Yes, Mary Anna, Ambien is a super weird medicine* capable of inducing all kinds of time warps: anterograde and retrograde amnesia, plus sleep eating and more). I took it for two years (for sleep), before it stopped working but never had any odd reactions as long as I made sure I was ready for sleep when it kicked in.

I'll fill you all in when I know more - if I ever do. I am more than irritated to see reading more portal notes, describing her [me] as "experiencing confusion." I dare any of them to lose a big chunk of time WITHOUT being confused! Mad

Thanks again, for the empathy! Helps.

*Just a FYI, Ambien is actually capable of waking people from vegetative states when nothing else works - until they fall back under when it wears off! Nuts

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Vertigo is not a disease. It is a symptom. I have had Benign positional vertigo several times.

Jf
Do you do the kneeling-head turning thing to clear it?

Eply maneuver. Not kneeling but lying down and head turning. It moves inner ear crystals that are in the Wong place.

Jf

Trying desperately to figure out exactly where the Wong place is ...

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks to PCP, progress being made in the research, at least. Scheduled: MRI's, another CT scan, an EEG (ugh, my only other one, cost me a good deal of hair. The electrodes pulled it out with their nasty sticky glue), Also, a cardiac "event monitor" to wear for a week...

That's for starters after the standard work-up in the ER. Was gratified that my doctor seemed appropriately mystified, with no hint of over-simplification. (I.e., accidental med overdose. He KNOWS what I take.).

Not glad he took note of a 1.5 cm lung nodule that showed up on the incidental chest Xray. Well, glad he was observant, but not glad it was there. Stay tuned. Trying to avoid stress eating now that KETO is gone with the wind.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post