well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How things might look in the GOP in a post-Trump world

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How things might look in the GOP in a post-Trump world
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Amid a stalled fight in Congress over the future of a $1 trillion coronavirus aid package, a parallel battle has been coming into focus: a struggle for the future of the Republican Party.

Behind closed doors in both the House and Senate this week, Republican lawmakers saw their ire focused not on Democrats, but instead at each other, a product lawmakers and strategists say of President Donald Trump’s sinking poll numbers.

“They’re dealing with a grim reality,” Doug Heye, a Republican strategist and former senior House aide, said of the outlook in congressional campaign committees.

The disagreements that broke out last week appeared to be over fiscal issues like continuing the $600 a week unemployment payments and just how much money the federal government should continue to pump into the struggling economy.

But every fight revealed a party that appears to be looking past the dire outlook of November and on to the possibility of a leadership reshuffle in the winter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...trump-world-n1234942

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
God help us all if McConnell is at the helm for a minute longer. I thought his term was up this year, but I guess not.

And if by some fluke the republicans hold a majority in the Senate, but Biden is President, I would not be surprised if McConnell refuses to confirm any Supreme Court justices.

But, back to the article, what I wonder is whether in a post-I-1 Congress, those who have enabled I-1's constant stream of crap will be held accountable, or whether they will just sort of pretend the last four years didn't happen.

I may disagree with 90% of their positions, but I can respect an honest conservative. I cannot respect any of the republican clowns in Congress today. They are all damaged goods. Flush the whole lot of them down the drain and start over.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post