well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Melania's statement
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Melania's statement
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
https://www.whitehouse.gov/art...-trump-path-forward/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the backside of her leaving the WH. Can't come soon enough.

Oh, the poor victim ... Barf

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Who is making, what are the false accusations being made about her? Her name hasn’t even been on my mind in all of this, so I guess I haven’t been paying attention. In all honestly I feel somewhat sorry for her, this is not something she asked for, even though she married the guy (and people choose to marry for all sorts of reasons and those reasons are really none of our business) - my bet is being First Lady was the furthest thing from her mind when she did (and it’s most certainly not a job I’d want). She’s gotten a lot of criticism, some warranted, but a lot of it not (like shut up about how she decided to decorate or garden, she gets to choose). At any rate, I’d rather leave her out of the conversation. I feel differently about his kids and his son-in-law, however. Maybe that’s wrong of me.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In all honestly I feel somewhat sorry for her

I don't. At minimum, she's a Trump-enabler.

Anyone who is enabling Trump is complicit. Ok, wait, let me add one caveat -- and I think there's only one! Anyone of the people around him, who is over the age of 18 and is not a minor-child of Trump, is an enabler and is complicit.

So the only person connected to Trump who I think can be excluded from scrutiny is his youngest son, who I do feel sorry for, actually.

The rest of them, Melania included, are all enablers and all share at least some of the responsibility. They all have blood on their hands.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What would you expect Melania to do?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Realistically? Nothing, because she's not going to do anything to jeopardize her position.

Idealistically? She could have chosen to leave him years ago. (One time that comes to mind is after the grab her by the ***** comment, if not sooner)

But she did not.

Life is a series of choices, we show the world who we are through the choices we made.

She has shown us who she is.

Having said that...

In general, I think it makes sense to say that spouses should be off-limits, but with in reason. As for this particular case, she made a public statement, so that opens her up to criticism of that statement.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Not post bullsh!t "oh, I'm a victim" crap. Just shut her face.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I thought SK was talking about things beyond the statement.

But thanks for your input..... Razzer

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I give zero you-know-whats about Melania and her statement.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Call me cynical, but I have to wonder how much was dictated or written by her??

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj saw one article that said most of her statement was copied and pasted from previous statements she’s made.

At least she’s plagiarizing herself this time.

Be best!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30027 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
pity

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh please.

She could have come out and read a statement every time he did the wrong thing.

No to the wall. No to the government shutdown. No to snuggling with dictators and White supremacists. No to the kids in cages. No to the Muslim ban.

She said nothing then.

So she can shut up now.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
'I really don't care. Do u?'

I don't see much evidence Melania knows how to write a political statement of any kind. My advice would be to choose one editor (not a committee) and work with her on possible improvement.

It is kind of late in the game, on second thought, so nevermind.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Vanity Fair headline: “Has no one stopped to think how the Capitol Hill attack affected ME?”

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post